GGH revived?

slliiz

O.G.
Apr 15, 2009
hi ladies,

haven't had the time to follow the forums for the last few months so i'm a little out of touch here. was just wondering if someone could enlighten me on something - i just looked at the UK balenciaga site, and found bleu roi and pivoine in city with GGH! i was under the impression that GGH was discontinued from f/w'09 onwards, and so i was wondering how come there's GGH with the f/w'10 colours?

tried searching the forums on this but couldn't find anything useful, would appreciate any info on this! :smile:

I don't understand Bal's business strategy. They discontinued GGH and then make some colors with GGH for Limited Edition. Bleu Roi and Pivoine with GGH were the two colors Bal made as Limited Edition.

The fact that Balenciaga keeps us 'guessing' on their latest moves, is a brilliant marketing ploy. Yes, it's aggravating, but think about it .. it keeps the discussion going .. and as such, creates interest.

I agree with CeeJay, it's a brilliant strategy. Gold prices have been on the rise in 2010 so it's probably costly for Balenciaga to produce GGH for every color but yet they know that they have loyal GGH buyers and they don't want to alienate that clientele completely so they produce limited edition GGH bags to satisfy those clients. And the fact that only a certain number of GGH bags are produced creates interest/buzz and makes them even more coveted. Now the question is did they pick the right color to produce GGH with.

I agree with CeeJay, it's a brilliant strategy. Gold prices have been on the rise in 2010 so it's probably costly for Balenciaga to produce GGH for every color but yet they know that they have loyal GGH buyers and they don't want to alienate that clientele completely so they produce limited edition GGH bags to satisfy those clients. And the fact that only a certain number of GGH bags are produced creates interest/buzz and makes them even more coveted. Now the question is did they pick the right color to produce GGH with.

Color wise for the F/W season I think so. They have one pop color and one neutral color. I think GGH makes privone look stunning at least in the pictures I've seen it in. I've seen it IRL with SGH, RGGH, & RH and felt color wise it's kind of faded but with GGH it really brings out the pop in the pink. I think blue roi will look fabulous with GGH. I was actually holding my GGH bag up to a blue roi today, after seeing the option pop back up on Bal.com I'm very tempted lol. I think a dark blue with GGH is almost always a hit. I probably would have liked to seen seigle with GGH too. Now if they could only bring out some LE part times with GGH! :P