GGH Black 2011 or GSH Coquelicot

ROSECELLPHONE

Jan 4, 2009
Hi, dear all,
I have hard time to choose my first giant hardware bag and maybe the last one since they are going to be discontinued? I always bought RH so I want to buy at least one giant hardware before it gone. But I really cannot decide which one to choose from? I have noticed that many of you have collected so many stunning beauties of GH. Can you give me any advices for that?
I currently thinking GGH black 2011 in PT or GSH Coquelicot in city or velo.
But I heard that the black one will soon turning green?
And is the Velo too big to carry?
I am currently having 2009 sang in RH first, 2009 Sobet in CGSH city, Galet in RH work and Rasin in RH city.

Thank a lot again.

Jan 29, 2008
I have the black with GGH but in a work and there hasn't been any issues with it. I don't baby it and I alway travel with her and she still looks new. It doesn't look greenish but bc I carry alot of stuff the handles is stretched. I can't describe it,but all in all it has worn very well and is my favorite balenciaga bag and my go to bag!

ROSECELLPHONE

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks a lot angelicskater16, it seems the black with GGH is very nice :biggrin:from what you said and what year your lovely bag is in?

I have the black with GGH but in a work and there hasn't been any issues with it. I don't baby it and I alway travel with her and she still looks new. It doesn't look greenish but bc I carry alot of stuff the handles is stretched. I can't describe it,but all in all it has worn very well and is my favorite balenciaga bag and my go to bag!

phdiva

Apr 11, 2011
I have the 2011 city in black ggh. Looooove it. It's so versatile but yet also really glamorous. I did have a PT but it was too big for me. :sad:

ROSECELLPHONE

Jan 4, 2009
Really? how is the leather of 2011 black ggh, is it good? Do we need to choose the leather carefully? I have rg city, that is why i want to try pt, I thought pt is just wider then city? too big still?

I have the 2011 city in black ggh. Looooove it. It's so versatile but yet also really glamorous. I did have a PT but it was too big for me. :sad:

phdiva

Apr 11, 2011
Really? how is the leather of 2011 black ggh, is it good? Do we need to choose the leather carefully? I have rg city, that is why i want to try pt, I thought pt is just wider then city? too big still?
The leather on my 2011 black city is fantastic! Very soft and a bit glossy.

As far as the size goes, I'm really petite (5'2). You'd think the extra, what 2"?, on the PT wouldn't make that much of a difference, but it looked so crazy on me...awkwardly long. I should have taken a photo of it on shoulder before I returned it. That was the first time I ever returned a bag. It was also a 2011 bag but in anthracite GGH. I didn't think the leather was as nice as on my city, either. :S

sweetk

mildly obsessed
Mar 24, 2008
NYC
i agree about the PT - although on me, I love it. I'm 5'11 so it basically looks like a city on me. on smaller girls though I don't typically love the look of the part time, but some do love that horizonal length. nothing beats actually trying it on, unfortunately

ROSECELLPHONE

Jan 4, 2009
haha, thanks sweetk, I finally made decision, I have bought a ggh PT black, it is on the way to my home, now :lol:

i agree about the PT - although on me, I love it. I'm 5'11 so it basically looks like a city on me. on smaller girls though I don't typically love the look of the part time, but some do love that horizonal length. nothing beats actually trying it on, unfortunately