GGH Anthra City or Not?

cloudzz

O.G.
Aug 12, 2010
I've been looking for a perfect anthra (grey with blue undertone, preferrably no green) and just got a RGGH anthra work for Christmas. However, I'm not very satisfied with this bag as it is too green for my taste. I still want to get the perfect anthra with GH before they're gone, but I'm not sure if I should take the risk by ordering the GGH anthra city from bal.com. Since Holt's don't have GH anthra in the stores around my area, I would have to order sight unseen if I want one. Should I take the risk? I have seen a 2011FW anthra city before and it has mostly blue undertone, but the 11FW anthra RGGH work I have is quite green. Do they vary this much within the same season?
TIA

My opinion is that gold and rose gold bring out more green tones in Anthracite.

I don't like RH or GSH with anthra though. I think RH is a bit plain and GSH makes the color look too cold. I'd like some warmth to it. That's why I'm only eyeing the GGH and RGGH.:biggrin: I just don't know whether it's worth it to take the risk and go for another anthra.

Anthra is so tricky! Believe me when I say I have tried every season and combo. :smile:

I had Anthra in both GGH and RGGH and thought GGH made it look too gawdy and RGGH too green. I love warm colors too but think SGH brings out more blue and grey tones and less green.

When all is said and done it depends on who is looking at the bag and what colors they see with their own eyes. Some people never notice undertones and only see the primary color. The only Anthracite that I have ever seen with absolutely no green tones is 2008.

I just got the Anthra Velo with RGGH from F/W 2011 and the color is dark grey with no green at all. There were others at the store that were much more green from the same season. I think it is just a matter of looking around for the one you want (and getting lucky). After what I saw, I would never purchase anthra online without seeing pictures of the exact bag.

I have the Anthra City with RGGHW from H/W 2011

My 11f/w work looks almost exactly the same as your city in terms of color if your pictures are true to life. Mine looks quite green indoors but blue outdoors. The green is bothering me a bit but I think it's probably better for me to save my money than to risking it on another anthra.:P