GG Supreme/Eden Belt Bag: Is this normal or exchange?

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Central Florida
I just received my Eden belt bag and lip balm ordered online from Gucci. The shipping box was a little beaten up, all the tape was intact. I thought it was funny that the lip balm came in a dust bag. I have two concerns:

1. At the bottom of the belt bag, the seam of the leather piping shows. It’s not completely smooth.

2. On the right side of the canvas, a dark brown dot appears, like it’s floating. It appears the canvas is chipped but I did not pick at it.

This is my first Gucci bag and am not sure if this is normal (LV has been my thing). Any insight is greatly appreciated.

09FFFF80-63F6-407C-9808-8F46BDFDD525.jpeg

3449C7B1-1B56-4918-A91D-DC5F01116CCB.jpeg

6F77AB4A-5D37-49FE-8B75-CF0E8D6B1EC0.jpeg

F8ACB5E4-4439-4A03-B9D9-EE20D9B624F0.jpeg

1EB736D9-601B-4DB6-96F6-DEC80E3FAB48.jpeg

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Central Florida
Update: I emailed pictures to online CA and returned the bag via mail same day I received it. Gucci provided return mail label and I reused the box.

I followed up twice online via chat (including today) and was told the claims process takes up to 14 days. I saw online that Gucci has no exchange policy so I presume the returned bag was under evaluation for refund.

Today, FedEx advised a package requiring signature. Sure enough upon arrival, it was similar to the original packaging. I contacted an online CA via chat to verify the shipping label. He advised to open the box. Gucci sent me a new belt bag in great condition. I have now second thoughts and contemplating a YSL belt bag that is larger.

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
Update: I emailed pictures to online CA and returned the bag via mail same day I received it. Gucci provided return mail label and I reused the box.

I followed up twice online via chat (including today) and was told the claims process takes up to 14 days. I saw online that Gucci has no exchange policy so I presume the returned bag was under evaluation for refund.

Today, FedEx advised a package requiring signature. Sure enough upon arrival, it was similar to the original packaging. I contacted an online CA via chat to verify the shipping label. He advised to open the box. Gucci sent me a new belt bag in great condition. I have now second thoughts and contemplating a YSL belt bag that is larger.
What does the YSL belt bag look like? Is it the men's one below:

I have this YSL bag in all-lambskin and it is an amazing belt bag. I like how it doesn't have a plastic buckle nor a fabric strap.

They have one with gold hardware and grained calfskin, too:

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Central Florida
Hi! Yes, those are men’s belt bags but I found the YSL canvas is not coated like LV or Gucci. I did not want to over invest in an all leather option. I ended up keeping the Eden bag and have been using it.

Reactions: averagejoe

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
Hi! Yes, those are men’s belt bags but I found the YSL canvas is not coated like LV or Gucci. I did not want to over invest in an all leather option. I ended up keeping the Eden bag and have been using it.
I got the all-lambskin YSL one because I love the look of an all-leather belt bag with no plastic buckles or fabric strap. It was actually not easy to find one in all-leather. I love it so much, but it is very delicate, so I get why a coated canvas one is more desirable.

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Central Florida
I got the all-lambskin YSL one because I love the look of an all-leather belt bag with no plastic buckles or fabric strap. It was actually not easy to find one in all-leather. I love it so much, but it is very delicate, so I get why a coated canvas one is more desirable.
Agreed! When I see lamb skin, I tend to think of Chanel followed by delicate.

I’ve used my GG Eden bag throughout this week, going to supermarket, early voting, and visiting Disney Springs. I now know a belt bag is needed in a collection. I don’t have to remove my bag to drive. I can carry everything I need and every pocket is used. I know a belt bag with a fabric strap and plastic buckle is least desired but this is my least worried luxury bag...I take greater care of my LV Pochette in Damier Azur (for obvi reasons). For me, I think if I were to go with a “frou frou” option then I would hold out for a leather option...like the YSL belt bag with a tassel or GG Marmont.

Reactions: averagejoe

hermankayy

Mar 5, 2021
I love this bag but it's a lil short for me. Does anyone have any tricks on extending the strap? I tried getting a belt bag extender strap on amazon but it doesn't fit