GG Marmont Bag Club

Introducing my newest Gucci that I won in a competition, it's the mini size. I was actually looking at this bag in the supermini size because I couldn't afford the bigger ones (uni student life), so as you can imagine, I was ecstatic when I got the email informing me that I had won. At first, I was thinking about selling this one and using the money to put towards the black mini in velvet, but I am loving this one. I'm also not sure if the velvet one is seasonal or not.

Attachments

• 21728268_490853567950951_7509571037168171631_n.jpg
    21728268_490853567950951_7509571037168171631_n.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,477
For those of you who have the marmont flap leather bags for about a year or so, how is the bag holding up? Saw some good and bad reviews. Some horror stories where its looses its shape quickly. Any insights or experience to share?

I got mine in May so it's not that long ago but I do use it almost everyday and so far so good! Still looks like new ;)

Reactions: noknok78
HI ladies,

I went to go check out the marmont flap the other day and fell in love with the nude color. But I wanted the small flap in the nude, the Gucci store told me they didn't have it in stock, but took my information down for when it would come in. However when I went to the Gucci inside Bloomingdales they told me they had never seen the bag and doesn't know it if it exists. I've seen the larger size posted in is thread, but can someone confirm with me that the small does exists. (not mini, the small in US dollars is about 1800$) thank you!

I am not 100% sure but I think I tried the nude in small size in Gucci store in Manhasset,NY

Anyone have both the mini and small sized Marmont Matelasses?

The leather on my black mini looks like a shiny coated leather, whereas the leather on the red small I just got looks like a different more matte looking leather.

Anyone have both the mini and small sized Marmont Matelasses?

The leather on my black mini looks like a shiny coated leather, whereas the leather on the red small I just got looks like a different more matte looking leather.

Don't know how to edit my previous post but here are the pictures of my red small one. I'm in California but ordered it from Selfridges.com so got a good discount!

xvczC

I can already see that the small size is gonna have some sagging on the botton due to the bigger size but that doesn't bother me too much.

The red color is a bit too much of a "tomato red" for me so I may take it to a leather worker to have it dyed a shade or two darker to get it a true "lipstick red."

Attachments

• guccired.jpg
    guccired.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 3,997
Last edited:
I also ordered from Matches :smile: Found the price to be the best if I ordered from there! I ended up getting the black mini velvet and I love it. However, there was an area in the back stitching that was unravelling when I received it so I had to send it back and I'm waiting for my replacement now, which kind of dampens the fun a bit.
Oh no! I have just ordered the exact bag from this company and it should be with me by tomorrow. The bag was out of stock until yesterday evening. I think they only had one in stock. I was so excited about it but now I am bit worried.I hope I don't receive a faulty bag :sad::sad:

Oh no! I have just ordered the exact bag from this company and it should be with me by tomorrow. The bag was out of stock until yesterday evening. I think they only had one in stock. I was so excited about it but now I am bit worried.I hope I don't receive a faulty bag :sad::sad:

Well if it helps, my replacement bag was perfect and their service was really good :smile: Hope yours isn't faulty!

Well if it helps, my replacement bag was perfect and their service was really good :smile: Hope yours isn't faulty!
That is perfect :smile: My bag has just arrived, and I need to admit that in person it looks even cuter :heart:. However, I have noticed that inside of the bag a little bit of stitching is sticking out. I don't know if that is me being too picky?lol :P
May I ask what are your thoughts on this? Is it normal?
Here are the pictures:
1. Inside and outside

Attachments

• IMG_8652.JPG
    IMG_8652.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,252
  • IMG_8653.JPG
    IMG_8653.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,247
  • IMG_8654.JPG
    IMG_8654.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,265