Getting your HG...

2spoilt

Jun 29, 2010
My HG at the moment is the vernis Speedy. I've finally found it and pending on authentication, will have to decide whether I'm willing to pay the asking price (almost $AUD2000).

So, how far you would go to get your HG bag?

I'm thinking that the OP is referring to the mirage speedy with the patent
"vernis like" like tabs? As far as I am aware, we are all still waiting for the real vernis speedy to be made :smile:

I'm thinking that the OP is referring to the mirage speedy with the patent
"vernis like" like tabs? As far as I am aware, we are all still waiting for the real vernis speedy to be made :smile:

I was curious and looked at the OP's post in the authentication thread... holy schmoly she actually is talking about a VERNIS speedy... but I have never heard this existed, and would be very surprised if it turns out to be authentic.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1528185&d=1321877880

To answer the OP's question though, I wouldn't go so far as to be in credit card debt for more than a couple months.. I'd probably sell off some of what I do own to gain the new-something-desired. If owning something stresses you out financially, then it's not worth it. Good luck with the authentication! :smile:

I was curious and looked at the OP's post in the authentication thread... holy schmoly she actually is talking about a VERNIS speedy... but I have never heard this existed, and would be very surprised if it turns out to be authentic.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1528185&d=1321877880

To answer the OP's question though, I wouldn't go so far as to be in credit card debt for more than a couple months.. I'd probably sell off some of what I do own to gain the new-something-desired. If owning something stresses you out financially, then it's not worth it. Good luck with the authentication! :smile:

Oh wow! That actually looks really cool. Maybe it was a special order item.

Actually, with the looming price increases ahead, I was somewhat tempted to think about financing LV purchases...if the price increases = interest cost then it's almost worth it to be able to get those bags in my grubby little hands. But that's where it's stops - just temptation to think, I would never want to follow through because I want to stay married to my penny-pinching DH :biggrin:

Yep it exists! if I remember rightly it was cream coloured vernis with Vachetta handles!

edit..I see someone has already posted a link to pics of it!

There was a vernis speedy that was SO in Japan. It was only produced in perle.

I have never bought a bag preloved, so that is one obstacle to cross over with the hubby. Another issue is that he doesn't like me to have multiple styles of the one bag. I already have the fleur de jais speedy. Hoping the fact that this vernis is rare works in my favour.

In regards to colour transfer, if it happens, it happens. I will be careful, just like I am with all my other bags. only concern is yellowing as I know that happens with Miu Miu bags.

Back to the question though, how far would or have you gone for your HG bag?

Live and learn! I had no idea there was a Speedy in vernis!
For me any bag I currently want becomes my HG, and I will not be at peace until I finally get it! As long as I know I can pay my credit card bill in full at the end of the month though... ;)

Wow....that is one gorgeous bag! I did not know such bag existed......that's why I LVoe tPF, I am always learning!

To answer your question, I have never put a $ limit on how much I'd pay for my HG, which is currently a Neo Alma. If I found one, I'd find a way to pay for it, which would probably mean selling some of my current bags.