Getting your bag hotstamped so people would know that it's real by looking at it

serenityxd

Oct 26, 2011
Does anyone else do this too besides me? or am I just the weird one?

I just thought there are far too many people out there carrying fake bags who don't even know the difference between them so I thought it'd be nice to get it stamped up with my initials. Plus, what is there to regret about if you're going to keep the bag for good? :biggrin:

For those who are unsure about hot stamping, it's free and you can drop by any Louis Vuitton store in the world to get that done. Some stores might have to send it away and some might take 1 day or even 15 minutes.

I have the opposite problem. My initials are LN...and I don't have a middle name, so it's just LN. I was at LV with my mom last spring and we both got wallets and had them heatstamped. She made the comment that my initials LN stamped into the wallet made it look fake..you know how you see the fake Coach bags where the C is actually a G..or the fake LVs where they change a letter or connect them so that it isn't actually an LV, but like an LU or something? LOL
So, now I"m afraid that it will look like I'm carrying a fake bag where the V was turned into an N (And V and N are so similar, too!) LOL
I still get my slg's heatstamped, but it keeps me from getting a mon-mono..

I was thinking of having my bags heat stamped just to make them look a bit different from the next. But I am still hesitating because if I do that, my daughter won't be able to borrow any of them anymore.

Nope I'm far too fickle to heat stamp my items lol! (I actually prefer cleaner lines on accessories though anyway.) I think on a luggage tag it would be cute. Then just put the tag on any bag for a little extra something once in awhile? But, where I live anyway, you can certainly tell a fake from an authentic bag no problem. There aren't too many of either here. But I carry my bags for myself and no one else. :smile:

I've only gotten my wallet heatstamped. I don't know why.. but I don't really like seeing my items carrying my initials. It reminds me of carrying a lunch bag to school in kindergarden where we had to write our names on it in case we lost it, haha!

Reactions: tiffanyscarlett
YES! I do the same! My Speedy 40 has a luggage tag with my initials! My Damier Ebene GM has my initials hot stamped on the lapel! My passport cover even has my initials hot stamped on the inside! And I have three gifts under the tree which I know are new bags and if they can get hot stamped they will!!

Super thread!!!! Way to go OP

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hotstamping..............I would get every single thing done if I could. Right now I just have my Speedy B done and my westminster done. I feel like if I am paying so much for these bags there better be something special about them. I feel that it is one of those things that really makes me feel special. I can't express how much I love looking down at my Speedy B and seeing my initials. Boy does that sound corny. LOL

Can't resist..............here are my pics.

Attachments

• HeatStamp.jpg
    HeatStamp.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 16,762
  • HeatStamp1.jpg
    HeatStamp1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 12,700
Reactions: darkangel07760
I stamped my wallet and if I purchase a new mono speedy I will def get it personalized with my initials........makes it a bit more individual and I love how it looks on speedys;)

I totally agree with all your points! When I buy LV it's almost always after a long decision period, so I'm usually always pretty sure I'll want to keep it forever. I have everything heatstamped that I can! I mainly do it so it looks a little different than all the other LVs, because around here, I've only seen mine & my good friend's with stamps. I also like to think of it as a theft deterrant, since whoever would steal it would be walking around with a huge ND on their stuff! (Although it didn't stop someone from stealing my iPod with my full name engraved on it...!)

I've actually had people ask me if it's fake because I have my initials on it, which is when I kindly explain that it's a service offered by LV.

My claim to heatstamping weirdness is that once I get married and probably change my last initial, it won't match anymore! But I've decided that then I'll tell people they're my vintage LVs haha! :roflmfao:

Reactions: darkangel07760
Super thread!!!! Way to go OP

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hotstamping..............I would get every single thing done if I could. Right now I just have my Speedy B done and my westminster done. I feel like if I am paying so much for these bags there better be something special about them. I feel that it is one of those things that really makes me feel special. I can't express how much I love looking down at my Speedy B and seeing my initials. Boy does that sound corny. LOL

Can't resist..............here are my pics.

Love it!!!

I'm not crazy about the idea of hot stamping bags themselves. I LOVE having my SLGs hot stamped (I had my wallet, agenda, pocket agenda, pocket organiser and business card holder all hot stamped with my initials) and I had my Keepall's tag hot stamped, as well as adding a stamped luggage tag to my Beaubourg. I'm not sure why, I just wouldn't get any of my bags stamped. It's nothing to do with resale, because I know the current bags I have I'll be holding onto for good. Just a personal preference, I guess.

If it's something you like and you're sure you won't want to sell in the future, definitely go for it - just don't do it if your reason is purely so that people will know your bag is real!

Reactions: iamthecutest