Getting Them Before They’re Gone: Hanami Basket and Gold Iron

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
While I’m trying to remain positive about BV’s new direction, I’m also not taking for granted that certain styles will stick around. Then, there was the sheer luck of finding a bag I have admired since the runway show at a BV outlet for a price I couldn’t pass up. Therefore, please say hello to the 2016 Anniversary Hanami Basket Bag and the FW2017 Gold ‘Iron’ bag.

Both are smaller bags. As you can see they’re close to the same size. Both fit on the shoulder. I know my chain strap will work to make the Iron crossbody and I’ll try it with the Hanami (but I fear that could look dorky). My Nero Iron was one of my first BVs and as @septembersiren wrote it is ‘such a big little bag.’ It’s a classic and really functional and fun and flirty—and I think it is safe to assume it’ll be gone under Mr. Lee.

Th Hanami has no weaving and it’s a style that’s not for everyone. I love love love the flowers. I inquired about it after it first came out, but at $4600 for a bag that I wouldn’t get everyday use out of, I couldn’t do it. And I was focused on saving for my karung Cabat so I let it go. But I never stopped liking it.

A word on the red: I’ve made it fairly well known that red bags and I don’t have a good history and that I should stay away. And honestly, it’s still a concern. I talked it over with my sister (who knows me and my red bag issues—amongst my other fashion idiosyncrasies) and she brought up the fact that because the Hanami is half pink, it may work in my favor. It was really all I needed to hear.
C5EB5C36-1EAB-4628-AE6C-A59C46D4F9DF.jpeg
0CB90472-A478-48D2-A4E0-502A7A1D2822.jpeg 4374F9B6-695F-4D9B-9D86-28CA47587665.jpeg 47574FC2-7F39-49D2-BE90-65F7448158F3.jpeg 763C9221-5290-43C9-9247-F944A170239F.jpeg

While I’m trying to remain positive about BV’s new direction, I’m also not taking for granted that certain styles will stick around. Then, there was the sheer luck of finding a bag I have admired since the runway show at a BV outlet for a price I couldn’t pass up. Therefore, please say hello to the 2016 Anniversary Hanami Basket Bag and the FW2017 Gold ‘Iron’ bag.

Both are smaller bags. As you can see they’re close to the same size. Both fit on the shoulder. I know my chain strap will work to make the Iron crossbody and I’ll try it with the Hanami (but I fear that could look dorky). My Nero Iron was one of my first BVs and as @septembersiren wrote it is ‘such a big little bag.’ It’s a classic and really functional and fun and flirty—and I think it is safe to assume it’ll be gone under Mr. Lee.

Th Hanami has no weaving and it’s a style that’s not for everyone. I love love love the flowers. I inquired about it after it first came out, but at $4600 for a bag that I wouldn’t get everyday use out of, I couldn’t do it. And I was focused on saving for my karung Cabat so I let it go. But I never stopped liking it.

A word on the red: I’ve made it fairly well known that red bags and I don’t have a good history and that I should stay away. And honestly, it’s still a concern. I talked it over with my sister (who knows me and my red bag issues—amongst my other fashion idiosyncrasies) and she brought up the fact that because the Hanami is half pink, it may work in my favor. It was really all I needed to hear.
View attachment 4348617
View attachment 4348613 View attachment 4348614 View attachment 4348615 View attachment 4348616
Beautiful choices!

View attachment 4348617
View attachment 4348613 View attachment 4348614 View attachment 4348615 View attachment 4348616

Very nice
Good job hunting them down [emoji122]