getting the shoulder strap on the nano luggage shortened? did any of you get that done?

AnnaSteurer

Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

i live in a VERY rural area and the closest designer shops are in munich, which is a 3 hour car drive away. so for the most part i do my luxury shopping online. it also means that i don't have the option of trying the items out before purchasing. today the tricolor nano luggage, that i have been lusting over for months arrived and i am in love with absolutely everything apart from the shoulderstrap lenght. i did my research before purchasing and was aware that most ppl commented on the rather long strap, but since i am 178cm tall i thought it would be ok on me. however now that i have it i find it quite a bit too long and am thinking about taking it to a shoemaker to get it shortened.
have any of you done that? and if so, did you regret tampering with the bag at a later time?
i found pics of some ppl, who tied a knot in the strap to make it shorter, but i really don't like that look.
any input would be appreciated.

I would like to know as well. I'm so quite short and it sits very low. I was thinking maybe I can get a strap from other brands, so that I can switch it up and not to risk of ruining the strap.

I would like to know as well. I'm so quite short and it sits very low. I was thinking maybe I can get a strap from other brands, so that I can switch it up and not to risk of ruining the strap.
you can also get one custom made so it suits/matches the color (as close as possible). do a search for cross body strap, and ask for lobster claws as hooks. keep the original strap for one day when you choose to sell or consign it.

i had that idea as well, but my nano is a tricolor one and i think that even a neutral bag charm is too much on this one, as i find it has enough going on with the 3 different shades of leather, so i figured a strap in a different shade would not look good (at least IMO)
but i think it could look relly cute on a single color nano bag.. maybe if yours is single color you could try it out :smile:

anyway i went to a shoemaker and asked his opinion. he said he has a leather that is very similar in color to the one on my nano (you can only really see a difference in the sunlight, and even then it is very slight). so he will make me a custom strap in the lenght that i want (~20cm shorter than the original) and a bit wider than the original as well. he will use clasps that are a different style than the original ones, but they are aged gold HW so i don't mind. he even offered to make an adjustable strap, but i didn't choose that. he said i can pick it up on tuesday and he is charging me 50€. i'm really looking forward to it :yahoo:

i had that idea as well, but my nano is a tricolor one and i think that even a neutral bag charm is too much on this one, as i find it has enough going on with the 3 different shades of leather, so i figured a strap in a different shade would not look good (at least IMO)
but i think it could look relly cute on a single color nano bag.. maybe if yours is single color you could try it out :smile:

anyway i went to a shoemaker and asked his opinion. he said he has a leather that is very similar in color to the one on my nano (you can only really see a difference in the sunlight, and even then it is very slight). so he will make me a custom strap in the lenght that i want (~20cm shorter than the original) and a bit wider than the original as well. he will use clasps that are a different style than the original ones, but they are aged gold HW so i don't mind. he even offered to make an adjustable strap, but i didn't choose that. he said i can pick it up on tuesday and he is charging me 50€. i'm really looking forward to it :yahoo:

Sounds awesome! Thank you for letting me know. Congrats to your new nano btw :smile:

you can also get one custom made so it suits/matches the color (as close as possible). do a search for cross body strap, and ask for lobster claws as hooks. keep the original strap for one day when you choose to sell or consign it.

Good to know that!! Thank you.