getting the shoulder strap on the nano luggage shortened? did any of you get that done?

1. Hi everyone,

i live in a VERY rural area and the closest designer shops are in munich, which is a 3 hour car drive away. so for the most part i do my luxury shopping online. it also means that i don't have the option of trying the items out before purchasing. today the tricolor nano luggage, that i have been lusting over for months arrived and i am in love with absolutely everything apart from the shoulderstrap lenght. i did my research before purchasing and was aware that most ppl commented on the rather long strap, but since i am 178cm tall i thought it would be ok on me. however now that i have it i find it quite a bit too long and am thinking about taking it to a shoemaker to get it shortened.
    have any of you done that? and if so, did you regret tampering with the bag at a later time?
    i found pics of some ppl, who tied a knot in the strap to make it shorter, but i really don't like that look.
    any input would be appreciated.

2. I would like to know as well. I'm so quite short and it sits very low. I was thinking maybe I can get a strap from other brands, so that I can switch it up and not to risk of ruining the strap.

3. you can also get one custom made so it suits/matches the color (as close as possible). do a search for cross body strap, and ask for lobster claws as hooks. keep the original strap for one day when you choose to sell or consign it.

4. i had that idea as well, but my nano is a tricolor one and i think that even a neutral bag charm is too much on this one, as i find it has enough going on with the 3 different shades of leather, so i figured a strap in a different shade would not look good (at least IMO)
    but i think it could look relly cute on a single color nano bag.. maybe if yours is single color you could try it out :smile:

anyway i went to a shoemaker and asked his opinion. he said he has a leather that is very similar in color to the one on my nano (you can only really see a difference in the sunlight, and even then it is very slight). so he will make me a custom strap in the lenght that i want (~20cm shorter than the original) and a bit wider than the original as well. he will use clasps that are a different style than the original ones, but they are aged gold HW so i don't mind. he even offered to make an adjustable strap, but i didn't choose that. he said i can pick it up on tuesday and he is charging me 50€. i'm really looking forward to it :yahoo:

5. i ended up doing exactly that :lol:

6. Sounds awesome! Thank you for letting me know. Congrats to your new nano btw :smile:

Good to know that!! Thank you.