Getting some Tiffany for my birthday

TheMrsKwok

Jul 31, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am looking into getting something cost around $1800 from Tiffany for my birthday.

I am quite firm that I would like to get the Tiffany charm bracelet with a blue cupcake charm. However I still cannot make up my mind which necklace to go with it. I have three necklace in my mind and already attached them in this post.

Which necklace is more fitted for long term collection ? I don't think I will ever sell them so it will be in my collection and age with me.

One of the necklace is the toggle return to Tiffany necklace, another is the Tiffany beads necklace (the left one has small beads and bigger beads in the middle. The one of the right has same size beads all the way)

For more information, I am close to 30 years old, currently a stay at home mom but also highly likely return to work in a office in 1-2 years time. I have attached all the pieces I got from Tiffany.

Anyone think I will regret getting so much silver pieces from Tiffany ?

IMG_1500277310.815871.jpg

IMG_1500277325.181870.jpg

IMG_1500277927.933867.jpg

Reactions: uhpharm01
Hi TheMrsKwok! Personally, I don't think I would spend that much money on silver, which may not hold its value over time. I personally love silver jewellery, but I wouldn't invest that much in it. Have you thought of getting a piece of gold jewellery from Tiffany? They have great options in your price range. If you're dead set on the silver pieces though, I think that the RTT toggle necklace would look great with the cupcake charm.

Hi TheMrsKwok! Personally, I don't think I would spend that much money on silver, which may not hold its value over time. I personally love silver jewellery, but I wouldn't invest that much in it. Have you thought of getting a piece of gold jewellery from Tiffany? They have great options in your price range. If you're dead set on the silver pieces though, I think that the RTT toggle necklace would look great with the cupcake charm.

Hello bobochu, thank you for your reply. Yeah I was thinking the same too... is that too much money to spend on silver jewellery ? I feel it is a bit too much too. But again when I see someone wears it I felt the urge to get them.

I have a yellow gold daisy key , on a 18inch length. I do wear it quite a lot. I should give some gold pieces a look

I love the silver pieces from Tiffany. I have worn my sterling key pendant (it's about 3 inches long, similar to yours) for YEARS and it's never tarnished. I showered with it, gone in the sea with it, etc. I don't mind paying for the designs even if it's sterling because it's well made.

I find Tiffany gold pricey. I live in Asia and we have trusted local jewelers here who can craft gorgeous pieces at better rates (gold per gram). But that's my opinion. I would rather get real gold locally than pay designer gold prices.

I like the necklace that has small to large beads! I think it's pretty classic.. but don't you have a similar necklace already?

How about the T necklace? That's super nice, IMO. (Sorry I don't know the official name)

Have fun choosing! What a wonderful dilemma you have!

Edit: typo

I love the silver pieces from Tiffany. I have worn my sterling key pendant (it's about 3 inches long, similar to yours) for YEARS and it's never tarnished. I showered with it, gone in the sea with it, etc. I don't mind paying for the designs even if it's sterling because it's well made.

I find Tiffany gold pricey. I live in Asia and we have trusted local jewelers here who can craft gorgeous pieces at better rates (gold per gram). But that's my opinion. I would rather get real gold locally than pay designer gold prices.

I like the necklace that has small to large beads! I think it's pretty classic.. but don't you have a similar necklace already?

How about the T necklace? That's super nice, IMO. (Sorry I don't know the official name)

Have fun choosing! What a wonderful dilemma you have!

Edit: typo

Hello ManilaMama, I am the same I shower with my jewellery too. Kinda lazy to take them off. The one I have is a very small beads, the smallest one. The one in the picture i think the largest beads is 10mm.

I find Tiffany silver really easy to wear. The T necklace u mean the smiley necklace ? I don't really like it because I have very short face, and i kinda think it make my face look even shorter lol !!

I think this is cute for everyday too :biggrin:

IMG_1500283230.774412.jpg

Hello ManilaMama, I am the same I shower with my jewellery too. Kinda lazy to take them off. The one I have is a very small beads, the smallest one. The one in the picture i think the largest beads is 10mm.

I find Tiffany silver really easy to wear. The T necklace u mean the smiley necklace ? I don't really like it because I have very short face, and i kinda think it make my face look even shorter lol !!

I think this is cute for everyday too :biggrin:

View attachment 3765838

Sorry for the late reply!!

Yeah I wear my jewelry (non diamonds/pearls) everyday and don't take them off for months until a new "rotation" comes along. Haha.

I understand what you mean about short neck! I am the same. I wear long chains for the same reason.

The last photo you showed is very cute and dainty. But personally, I am not a fan because it's so small. Ha! I still prefer the beads over that last photo. Just my opinion.

By the way, advanced happy birthday!!!

I have some time so went to look for you. These are what I would get! Haha. Maybe you get some ideas?

IMG_1500291552.284632.jpgIMG_1500291561.058033.jpgIMG_1500291569.442548.jpgIMG_1500291577.759397.jpgIMG_1500291585.703724.jpg

I'm a big fan of the bigger keys. I wear mine on a long chain. I'll try to find a photo and show you in a while...

Is the last picture with the gold key the pieces you currently own? I have a big silver tiffany Jewellery collection that I've aquired over time through self purchases and gifts. I love that it's great for weart to work or casually but I do prefer wearing gold or Platinum Jewellery more now.

Have you tried the heart toggle necklace on? I really wanted one too but I found it too heavy around my neck. I would recommend you go with the silver toggle bracelet and maybe add the cupcake charm to that instead of the necklace

Ohhh that's nice too!!
I also like the heart or a DBTY (even a non T&Co version).

I would also suggest earrings. I have the infinity ones in RG and love them. They are very lightweight and I forget I am even wearing them. They would compliment the key nicely. I also see a lot of the RTT silver earrings. Once I did see the WG or plat version with diamonds. They were really nice. But, not sure how much they are.

I have some time so went to look for you. These are what I would get! Haha. Maybe you get some ideas?

View attachment 3765892View attachment 3765893View attachment 3765894View attachment 3765895View attachment 3765896

I'm a big fan of the bigger keys. I wear mine on a long chain. I'll try to find a photo and show you in a while...
aww thanks ManilaMama you are awesome ! Thank you for the birthday wish too :smile: I can finally use the iPad now that my baby girl going to bed soon. It is so hard to use any device Infront of her.

Lol anyway, In fact my original choice was the Tiffany hardware necklace. However after trying it in store I find them so heavy and loses its charm after the hype. That Tiffany key looks great on you!

Is the last picture with the gold key the pieces you currently own? I have a big silver tiffany Jewellery collection that I've aquired over time through self purchases and gifts. I love that it's great for weart to work or casually but I do prefer wearing gold or Platinum Jewellery more now.

Have you tried the heart toggle necklace on? I really wanted one too but I found it too heavy around my neck. I would recommend you go with the silver toggle bracelet and maybe add the cupcake charm to that instead of the necklace
Hello Tarana, thank you for helping me :biggrin: I have that gold key in the last picture. It is very pretty and I wear it quite often when I go out. Layering with some chains and stuff making it super versatile.
I may have tried the toggle necklace once last year. But totally forgotten how it felt on me. So far I am quite settle on getting a bracelet with the cupcake charm, but unsure with necklace to choose. At the same time I am thinking if I will become the same as you one day, wearing gold or platinum jewellery more and slowly forget these silver pieces that I used to love

Reactions: tarana6