Getting refund even though seller states 'No returns"?

weezer

O.G.
Mar 9, 2011
Has anyone ever had their money refunded (i.e. handbag was fake) even though the seller states on the listing "No returns"? I just bid on a bag, stupidly had the bag authenticated after I purchased the bag with Paypal then discovered to my dismay that the bag I won was not authentic. Like I said, I just won the bag tonight, seller still has the bag in her possession.

I have not opened a case against seller, I sent a polite email requesting a refund. Seller still gets to keep her bag and I will hopefully get my money back.
Seller has not replied to my emails.

Okay I have to go back to studying for exams. oh boy, I really do not need this drama right now. I've never had this happen to me before--now I personally understand why Ebay is such a scary place.

Thanks in advance!

You can have the seller cancel the transaction and get their fees back to save you both time and money.

Otherwise you have to wait until you receive the item until you make a claim I believe.

You can have the seller cancel the transaction and get their fees back to save you both time and money.

Otherwise you have to wait until you receive the item until you make a claim I believe.
Thank you. I had suggested in my email that the seller cancel the transaction altogether. It wouldn't make sense for her to send me her bag and I don't even want it anymore.
Ebay says I have to wait 24 hours has lapsed before opening a case. I hope it doesn't come to that.

It really depends on whether or not the seller knew the bag was fake. I see so many fakes on ebay and I can't believe that they're all honest people who don't know their selling a fake. Hopefully the seller will cancel because if it goes to a claim you'll win. They could just save themselves the trouble. If you have a link to the auction post it and we can report even after the auction has ended. Apparently doing this helps to further prove the bag is fake.

It really depends on whether or not the seller knew the bag was fake. I see so many fakes on ebay and I can't believe that they're all honest people who don't know their selling a fake. Hopefully the seller will cancel because if it goes to a claim you'll win. They could just save themselves the trouble. If you have a link to the auction post it and we can report even after the auction has ended. Apparently doing this helps to further prove the bag is fake.

It is worth a try! :yes:

I would like to believe that the seller honestly didn't know her own bag was fake but then again, there are way too many ebay horror stories. I can't believe I was stupid to not ****************** before bidding.

But the seller still has her bag, I just want my money back and believe me, it will be awhile before I ever bid on ebay again. This sucks. I should be studying for an exam but this loss of money over a fake handbag is making me upset.

I'm going to wait 1-2 days and see if the seller is willing to cancel the transaction. If not, I'm going to post the auction link in this thread.
Good idea. Thank you!

I would like to believe that the seller honestly didn't know her own bag was fake but then again, there are way too many ebay horror stories. I can't believe I was stupid to not ****************** before bidding.

But the seller still has her bag, I just want my money back and believe me, it will be awhile before I ever bid on ebay again. This sucks. I should be studying for an exam but this loss of money over a fake handbag is making me upset.

I'm going to wait 1-2 days and see if the seller is willing to cancel the transaction. If not, I'm going to post the auction link in this thread.
Good idea. Thank you!
Ok. I personally wouldn't wait that long to post the link here. I'd want to get everything in motion just in case I had to file a claim. If it's flagged it would discourage the seller from re-posting. It just puts more pressure on the seller to do the right thing. Hope it works out!

It happened to me once... Seller said/believed her bag is authentic.. I got authenticate & its fake...email her & told her that would like to cxx transaction.. It seems shocked her that her bag is fake.. She cxx the transaction and resell to next bidder:faint: OMG to whoever bought the bag ... Feel sorry but report to Ebay but didnt know if Ebay take any action:nogood:

:wtf:The seller sent me an email this morning and she is adamant that her handbag is authentic and is or has already sending it out today!! She thinks that once I see the handbag 'in person', I will be swayed to believe that her Marc Jacobs handbag is authentic. She states "There is no way you could even know if my handbag is authentic or not without seeing it in person...when you see my handbag in-person, you'll change your mind." Um, obviously she is not a TPF member.

What is going on?! I made it very clear in my 2 polite but firm emails that I do NOT want her handbag, I just want my money back! What is she trying to do? I don't want to deal with the hassle of having to re-send the handbag back to her and having her claim "Oh I never received the handbag, there's nothing in the box you re-sent back to me, etc)

What do I do now? I tried to communicate politely with this lady before I resorted to filing a claim with ebay. I haven't opened a case with ebay yet..I was hoping she would agree to cancel this transaction.

You should try to call ebay immediately....they may be able to intervene before she sends it out. Also You may want to tell her as politely as you can that ebay and paypal will require the bag to be destroyed if it's fake (as in kristies birkin thread) and she may change her mind when she's faced with the possibility of being out the money and the bag.....

good luck OP keep us updated

:wtf:The seller sent me an email this morning and she is adamant that her handbag is authentic and is or has already sending it out today!! She thinks that once I see the handbag 'in person', I will be swayed to believe that her Marc Jacobs handbag is authentic. She states "There is no way you could even know if my handbag is authentic or not without seeing it in person...when you see my handbag in-person, you'll change your mind." Um, obviously she is not a TPF member.

What is going on?! I made it very clear in my 2 polite but firm emails that I do NOT want her handbag, I just want my money back! What is she trying to do? I don't want to deal with the hassle of having to re-send the handbag back to her and having her claim "Oh I never received the handbag, there's nothing in the box you re-sent back to me, etc)

What do I do now? I tried to communicate politely with this lady before I resorted to filing a claim with ebay. I haven't opened a case with ebay yet..I was hoping she would agree to cancel this transaction.

The seller is not replying to my email. Ok, assuming that she already sent out this fake bag and I receive it in the mail, can I still receive my refund after filing a case with ebay if she has already sent out her bag?

Seller states she doesn't care if I leave 'negative feedback' for her. She also states it is my own fault for not checking the bag before I placed the winning bid on it. I agree that it is my own stupid fault for not authenticating first on TPF but I don't like the way she is handling the situation. I very nicely asked her to cancel the transaction while she could keep her bag.

I trust the autheticators on TPF 100% than the insistent claims of the seller that her bag is authentic.

Ok I'm going to file with ebay.

It's not your fault for not authenticating it first???? No it's her fault for selling a fake bag and implying that it's real!

you can still get your refund if she sends it out, and if the bag is fake she'll lose what she paid for shipping as well.

when this all done can you please post this PITA buyers id so we can all block her as well?

You may want to call paypal, they maybe able to freeze her funds temporarily which might sway her to not send it if she hasn't yet, the funds will only get released when you leave positive feedback if I'm correct (I maybe wrong on that though....)

good luck