Getting Outbid/Sniping

Yes, if the highest bid is even a penny more! It's frustrating. I'm sorry you lost a bag in such a short time left! What bag was it? Hopefully one you can find again soon! Just keep checking! :yes:

it was a vintage classic black bottega. Here's the link; I hope it works: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEDW:IT&viewitem=&item=330137582289&rd=1&rd=1

but I am still checking and with all the new stuff I'm learning at tpf, I'm hopeful! thanks for your encouragement! :heart:

wow i have never heard of this!!! :smile: I am not a big ebay person cause it scares me all the fake merch, but either way this is very interesting

but im kinda confused,,, so its a program where you tell it the auction you are interested in and the max you want it to bid @ the last seconds and hopefully you win

but lets say the bid was $54 or something,,, and your sniping program is set to highest bid on that item for $100 will it at the last few seconds send out a bid on the item just above the $54 so you win, like keep bidding up to your limit

or will it automatically spit out the $100 offer so you have to pay $100 for the item even if mayybe it had been bid slowly up you could have gotten it for $75??

:smile: does that make sense? im just curious? :smile: thanks so much for all the info!
i have the exact same question!!!

i have the exact same question!!!

Slush, Lvluv, the answer in no: the sniper program behaves exactly like a normal bid, in the sense that it only bids what is necessary to go above the highest bid up to the maximum you have entered. So it means that if the last bid on the bag is 54$ and you have entered the amount of 100$ as your maximum, the sniper will bid whatever necessary to go over the highest bid, say 55$ or whatever is set as the minimum increment. It is in no way different from when you try to win manually an auction in the last seconds by entering a bid that is quite a lot above the last highest bid, so to be sure to bid out the others. However, the sniper works better that manual bidding for me because you can set it so that it works even if you cannot be in front of the computer, plus does not show your interest in the auction, so that the other bidders might not expect the sniping at the end and bid lower values. The sniper keeps you out of bidding wars, plus you are not driven to bid more and more, if you have already decided that there is a maximum you do not want to exceed. [All this is of course IMHO, not everybody will necessarily agree. However, I live in Europe, so loads of auctions end in the heart of the night, and as I work I cannot stay up til late every evening. Plus I suffer of heart arithmies, and nothing drives up my heartbeat as live bidding. I must avoid it, for my own sake!! I would not like to have a heart attack for an ebay auction!!! ;)]

This has happened to me recently, too! I was :cursing:!!! From now on, I'll only do BIN or try to find a good sniper. I can't sit and wait and watch auctions endlessly, but there are still things that I would like to own.

I recently got "sniped"...and knew nothing about it until it happened. I was so miffed I went and read about it on e-bay's info area. Since then, I've read a lot about it, and saw as I read in e-bay it's perfectly acceptable. I agree that it can help keep price low, and keep one out of trouble by no bidding war...however, if you change your mind about the item in the day or so you set your snipe...can you cancel or change your bid??

If you don't snipe, you are just driving the price up. That is the trick with auctions - you get caught up in the drama of bidding. Sniping allows people to get items cheaper than continuously bidding an item up.
I totally agree because I'll watch an auction that I'm interested in, only to see 2 or 3 bidders constantly trying to be the highest bidder. What does it matter when there are still 3 days to go!?! As a sniper I still have to place the highest bid (my Max), but I'm not bidding on day 1, 2 & 3 and driving up the price.

I love sniping!!! I can work, shop, sleep or whatever and have the piece of mind that I'm winning auctions. The few that I have lost have been because I didn't set a higher maximum. Those just weren't meant to be mine!

I used to hate sniping but I figured if ya can't beat em, join em. I remember planning my day around bidding on ebay auctions.:tdown: Now I can just set a snipe and let the program do the job.

I usually try to be online at the time something I want is closing and will bid my highest with about 4 seconds left. Can't always be in front of the PC at closing time though so sniping seems to be the way to go. I used a sniping program last night for the first time (I was at home watching the auction close but wanted to see the sniping service in action) and it worked well.

I was rather apprehensive about putting my ebay password in a third party site.

I am kicking myself for not using a sniping program on a Coach Lemon coin purse that ended the other day for less than I would have paid.

I always use my sniping program, that way I do not get caught up in a bidding war and can bid the amount I really am wanting to pay. Mine is set to bid in the last 5-7 seconds of an auction. It also saves me from having to keep sitting in front of the computer during the last few min of an auction. I know those who don't use them hate them, but this has helped keep ME in check, as I have such a competitive nature and won't bid just to win beyond what I really wanted to spend.

By the way, I have used Auction Sniper before, but found I prefer www.bidnapper.com to the auction sniper site. Costs cheaper to use and I had a better success rate.