Getting off the pill and pregnacy

1. I've been on the pill for almost 6 years now. Me and my husband are going to start trying to have a baby soon. How soon should I be off the pill before I start trying?? I've heard many horror stories (birth defects, miscarriages, etc), if I get pregnant too soon after the pill. Any advice be great!

2. I've never known anyone who had a baby with birth defects from being on the pill. I suppose, though, that anything is possible. My sister, and a friend of mine, both became pregnant within a month or so of going off the pill. They both have beautiful heathy children. :smile: I would ask your doctor, he/she would probably know what the general recommendation is. It would probably take some period of time before everything is out of your system.

3. I'd wait at least 2 months. . . unless you want twins!

Twins have a high occurance rate when conceived immediately after stopping the pill!

4. no birth defects =) but it'll take 1.5 cycles before you start ovulating again, but expect a couple of months anyway
    congrats on the decision!

5. The first time I became pregnant 2 months after stopping the pill. There were no problems.
    It does not take long for the extra hormones to get out of your system. That's why if you only miss a couple of pills in a cycle you could become pregnant.
    This time it took NINE MONTHS for me to become pregnant, so good luck with your "project"--as my doctor called it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice