Getting nervous over bidder on Dooney

CitCat

Mar 28, 2007
Thanks for all the compliments on Pake! He's such a wonderful dog.
Good news on the listing. The buyer has been way outbid at this point and there's an hour left, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't reappear. Personally, I think she's gone. Whew. Bidders like that make me nervous.
Thanks all for the advice!!

Oct 30, 2006
Don't wait to cancel her bid. If you wait too long, it's gonna look to the other bidders that you were holding it to raise the final value. Not good eBay etiquette.

LV Rawks

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Midwest USA
I would cancel her bid. I don't know if it will matter too much if you wait or not, but cancel her and then block her so she can't bid again.

LV Rawks

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Midwest USA
I just wanted to add...we have a lab chow mix who is a wonderful dog. She looks just like a black lab, until she shows her blue/black tongue!

CitCat

Mar 28, 2007
Thanks all! All ended well. I hate to not give someone the benefit of a doubt, as I know there are new users on ebay every day, however with all the scammers out there you kind of have to be careful.
It appears the newbie bidder is just trying to get bags at a very low price and is just hedging her bids.
Thanks again all! Much appreciated.

CitCat

Mar 28, 2007
I just wanted to add...we have a lab chow mix who is a wonderful dog. She looks just like a black lab, until she shows her blue/black tongue!
I used to have a lab/chow mix too! My parents have had chows for years, and about 15 years ago, my mom called off of an add in the paper on a "give away" chow. The person she spoke to told her that the dog had already been given away, but she had a chow/lab mix that needed a good home too. My mom, kind of being a true chow snob at that point, said thanks but no thanks. Well anyway, to make a long story short, the lab/chow mix appeared at our back door two days later (thanks to caller id). And we kept him. His name was Beacon and he looked more like a lab with a blue tongue too. He was one of the sweetest dogs ever! He died last year from throat cancer. A wonderful dog to the end, and a faithful friend. I miss him so!

LV Rawks

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Midwest USA
Glad your auction worked out, sorry about Beacon :crybaby:. Ours is a very loyal girl, she is a huge scaredy cat, though. We got her from the kennel 1 month before hubby and I married, she was 6 months old then. That was 10 years ago. She has always been very afraid of things (kids, flashlights, loud noises, certain people)...we are certain that she suffered some sort of abuse prior to joining our family, but she is spoiled rotten now!