Getting My First Lady Dior, please leave your opinion~

JaceTay

O.G.
Apr 1, 2012
Hey dears, I'm 157cm & 47kg, and think to get a mini lady dior.
I love a classic black colour one but I'm hesitating for the four choices:

1. Patent Leather with SHW
2. Patent Leather with GHW
3. Lambskin with SHW
4. Lambskin with GHW.

By the way, I have just got a Chanel Le Boy lambskin in blue colour
Dior lover, what's your opinion for the four above?
Thank you~

Hey dears, I'm 157cm & 47kg, and think to get a mini lady dior.
I love a classic black colour one but I'm hesitating for the four choices:

1. Patent Leather with SHW
2. Patent Leather with GHW
3. Lambskin with SHW
4. Lambskin with GHW.

By the way, I have just got a Chanel Le Boy lambskin in blue colour.
Dior lover, what's your opinion for the four above?
Thank you~
With patent, I prefer SHW because it's balances out the shine of the patent. Gold feels too much. With lambskin, it's a bit harder because both gold and silver hardware suit. Patent is also more durable, but I suppose since you have a Boy in lambskin, you're comfortable with the latter. I think you also have to consider whether you'd like the chain strap or the leather strap to go with your mini.

What colour hardware is your Boy and what shade of blue?

With patent, I prefer SHW because it's balances out the shine of the patent. Gold feels too much. With lambskin, it's a bit harder because both gold and silver hardware suit. Patent is also more durable, but I suppose since you have a Boy in lambskin, you're comfortable with the latter. I think you also have to consider whether you'd like the chain strap or the leather strap to go with your mini.

What colour hardware is your Boy and what shade of blue?

exactly what I've considered too
the boy bag is blue with gold hardware, so what would u think that i should get lambskin with ghw or shw?

Attachments

• 20161129_234558.jpg
    20161129_234558.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 652
exactly what I've considered too
the boy bag is blue with gold hardware, so what would u think that i should get lambskin with ghw or shw?
Personally, I hesitate over the gold even though I love the look. My sister likes it on me and it's such a classic but I haven't worn yellow gold since I was a child. I'm 90% there but I just can't pull the trigger. I think silver is just a more versatile. Casual to formal very easily. Plus you already have something with gold hardware. It might be nice to mix things up a bit. Are you able to try in-store? Perhaps one would suit you more than the other?

Gorgeous Boy, by the way. :love:

Edit: I just saw a black patent Lady Dior in medium GHW. It's really beautiful but it was at a CNY Chap Goh Mei/Office warming party, so slightly more formal occasion.

Personally, I hesitate over the gold even though I love the look. My sister likes it on me and it's such a classic but I haven't worn yellow gold since I was a child. I'm 90% there but I just can't pull the trigger. I think silver is just a more versatile. Casual to formal very easily. Plus you already have something with gold hardware. It might be nice to mix things up a bit. Are you able to try in-store? Perhaps one would suit you more than the other?

Gorgeous Boy, by the way. :love:
wow

appreciated for your opinion, i think i will go for a patent leather with shw, thank you so much

it depends on which leather you prefer more!
I like lambskin with both SHW and GHW, but the patent leather i like it with GHW.
in my opinion i think you should go for lambskin with SHW since you already have a bag with GHW :heart:.

Last edited:
it depends on which leather you prefer more!
I like lambskin with both SHW and GHW, but the patent leather i like it with GHW.
in my opinion i think you should go for lambskin with SHW since you already have a bag with GHW :heart:.

I'm still wondering which leather is easier to take care? I'm not a person who pampers bag

wow, thanks for your opinion
Sorry I reread the thread and realized that I may have assumed you said that about the gold hardware, but it may have been someone else in a different thread. Sorry.

In this case, then I suggest getting it in the hardware colour that you have the most matching jewelry for. For instance, if you have a lot of gold jewelry, then get the GHW.

Sorry I reread the thread and realized that I may have assumed you said that about the gold hardware, but it may have been someone else in a different thread. Sorry.

In this case, then I suggest getting it in the hardware colour that you have the most matching jewelry for. For instance, if you have a lot of gold jewelry, then get the GHW.

I see then i think that i will stick to SHW, thanks for the reply :heart:

Reactions: MoniLadyDior