Travel Getting Married (again) in Barbados - Anyone with advice or tips?

GucciEyed

Jun 8, 2008
So, my DH and I are going to do a :heart:wedding ceremony:heart: for our families (they didn't get to share our first union with us) in Barbados this coming Winter '09 - probably late December to the first week of January. It's also going to be the first time that we get to do the whole "real wedding" thing too, so we're pretty excited. :yahoo:
I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, so planning a wedding on Barbados from the U.S.A. seems a bit daunting to me :faint:- what with not knowing what my flowers, etc. will look like in person until I get there... That being said, I was hoping that some of the lovely ladies from tPF could extend their advice about the island, and maybe even some planning info.? :yes: I would love to hear about some fant-ab-U-lus photographers, hair dressers, florists and more...!:woohoo: Anyone have any other good ideas - anything at all, bring me your GOOD and GREAT ideas - also tell me anything to absolutely NOT do, or anyone's services to not use, anywhere not to go?
Where's the best place on the island (most visually stunning)? I look forward to hearing from all of you! Thanks so much!

usually you would use a planner from a hotel or otherwise. They should have pics to send you. Tourism weddings are big business and they don't want them messed up for concern of poor word of mouth.

Congrats (again) and enjoy!

LOVE barbados.. never got married there but visited a few times.

A great spot for photos would be the northernmost tip of the island.. it's where the caribbean sea meets the atlantic ocean.. it's quite beautiful.

Other than that, the west coast is great for pictures and such -- gorgeous beaches and scenery.

Which hotel are you staying at ?

http://www.barbados.org has lots of information about Barbados

Last edited: