Getting color transfer off a leather bag?

gabes_mommy

Aug 22, 2007
Last week I wore a new black sweater and carried my lovely white leather Ergo tote. When I got home that night I noticed large brownish/puplish stains on the back and straps of my bag from the sweater.

I am so upset. I have already tried to remove the stains with Applecare, stain remover and a Magic Eraser with no success.

Please help - I am so upset.

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
Have you tried rubbing alcohol. Use a q-tip in a small area and see if it picks up the color. If it works slowly work on the rest. After you are done Apple Conditon the area well and let dry.

puckettk

Apr 11, 2009
I am so sorry to hear that! I remember when I first saw color transfer onto my white hippie from my jeans. I almost had a heart attack. Luckily I had treated with apple beforehand and the transfer wiped right off, but sometimes I think I still see phantom stains!!

Advice-wise, I've had some success with hairspray when it comes to ink stains. Maybe that could work?

MistyCT

Nov 4, 2009
Oh no! I would be so heartbroken. I am of no help sweetie. I usually only carry black bags because of the ease...But it makes logical sense that the Armor All leather wipes would help. Whatever you try, whether it works or not, let us know hun.