Getting baby daughter's initials heat stamped. Yay/Nay?

What are your thoughts on getting your daughter's initials heat stamped on your first LV? My little girl is only 9 months old but of course I have dreams of someday handing down my bag collection. I thought it might be special to get her initials instead of mine on the bag. Have any of you had this done? Are you glad you did? I know my daughter may not even be into LV when she's older (*gasp*) but in the event that she is I think it would be really special.

My 2nd (safer) idea is to get a small luggage tag with her initials and nothing on the bag. I plan on buying the Speedy B.

What are your thoughts on getting your daughter's initials heat stamped on your first LV? My little girl is only 9 months old but of course I have dreams of someday handing down my bag collection. I thought it might be special to get her initials instead of mine on the bag. Have any of you had this done? Are you glad you did? I know my daughter may not even be into LV when she's older (*gasp*) but in the event that she is I think it would be really special.

My 2nd (safer) idea is to get a small luggage tag with her initials and nothing on the bag. I plan on buying the Speedy B.

If my mom were to pass down a LV bag to me, I think I would prefer the small luggage tag rather the initials embossed on the bag because then I would be able to hang the luggage on any other bags I own or would own eventually :smile:! I'm 16 and hoping my mom will hand me few of her bags for my coming soon birthday. I'm pretty sure no girl will be able to resist bags from LOUIS VUITTON!

I prefer initials on the small luggage tag or on clochette than on the bag. I would be mad if the initials were not made nicely and I am very scared of this!
The idea of your daughter's initials is great!!!
I did the same on my clochette of Soft Lockit ~ you can check it in the Soft Lockit clubhouse. My initials are PC which is stupid to heat stamp personal computer on the bag, so I decided to have first initials of the names of my two daughters: P and L. And I love the bag much more now, always reminds me my two girls, esp. if they are not with me when I carry the bag.

I like the idea of heat-stamping the bag. I was even thinking of getting mon monogram bags with my children's initials instead of mine, maybe even first and middle so it can truly be passed to then. That said I have some jewelry with my moms and some with my dads initials and I love it that was. So what ever makes you happy will make her happy as well. Both ideas are very special. I am a huge fan of personalizing things.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

I think it would be more special and meaningful to be handed down an LV piece with your own initials on it. She can always look at it and think "Mom". After all it will be considered an heirloom piece if she passes it on to her child (your grandchild!).

Your daughter can always purchase a hot stamped piece when she's of age, to call it her own. There's nothing like a young woman's first designer purchase on her own :smile:

Okay, I am leaning more towards the luggage tag now. I will be buying in Maui so I can get the Hawaii stamp too! I hope she will love it :smile:

I just got back from Maui and had my luggage tag done. My advice buy a new one before you go or bring one you already own. Both LV boutiques were sold out of new luggage tags when I was there, but luckily I brought my keepall with me and they had no problem heat stamping my existing tag. But still really want a new one done... Maybe next trip! Maui is beautiful, have a great time.

I just got back from Maui and had my luggage tag done. My advice buy a new one before you go or bring one you already own. Both LV boutiques were sold out of new luggage tags when I was there, but luckily I brought my keepall with me and they had no problem heat stamping my existing tag. But still really want a new one done... Maybe next trip! Maui is beautiful, have a great time.

Now I'm nervous! I am leaving in a week and I don't think I'll have time to buy a luggage tag ahead of time. It will be my first trip to Hawaii/Maui, and I am beyond excited. My plane lands in Maui around 4:30pm and I plan on heading straight to the LV store! LOL. That is great that you were still able to get the stamp on your existing tag!

october08bride, I see you've made the decision to get a luggage tag hot stamped, which I think is a great choice! If they don't have any in Maui when you go, you can always get it done once you get back.

If you do want to go with a different option than the luggage tag, I would suggest hot stamping a purse but waiting until you have either already carried your Speedy B to see how you feel, or doing it on your second, third or fourth LV. You could also buy a small SLG that is able to be hot stamped and pass that down, or a clochette if you are able to get one. (I love the clochettes!)