Getting away with a pink bag

Wishsong

Mangomama
O.G.
Apr 23, 2012
I love pinkand I have no issues wearing pink clothes or shoes. However, I feel it's kinda tacky for someone like me who's almost turning 40 to be wearing a pink bag. I have a pochette which I believe is not to loud given it's size but I don't know about having a medium sized or large pink bag though. I would love to have one but I want your opinions about this. TIA!

^^ Seconded wholeheartedly.

Will mention that Lisa Vanderpump wears loads of pink, especially pink bags, and she looks perfectly fine.

Life is too short.

Reactions: Wishsong
Hahaha. Thank you al *hugs*. I guess I'm just a little scared to someday look like the 60-year-old lady I saw at a department who was all dressed up in purple. I love purple but I felt like the color didn't agree too well with her. But I guess if you carry it well, it doesn't matter, right?

Life will always too short, have no regrets and give others the freedom to think what ever they like ;).

My mother's favourite bag colour is fuchsia, she is well over 40, and she is GORGEOUS! :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with a pink bag as long as it coordinates with your outfit. My mum's in her 50s and has an awesome bright pink bag, but she wears it with black and white mostly not other bright colours.

Hahaha. Thank you al *hugs*. I guess I'm just a little scared to someday look like the 60-year-old lady I saw at a department who was all dressed up in purple. I love purple but I felt like the color didn't agree too well with her. But I guess if you carry it well, it doesn't matter, right?

Absolutely. Funny you mention this. We go to this one place for dinner every week and I noticed this 60ish lady there and just last week I said to my SO how I admired her "commitment to her purple accessories"! (Even though I wouldn't do it myself) She had a purple bag, purple watch, purple earrings... Once again this week she was back again and this time with a purple top! Made me smile.

Definitely not my personal taste but I though it was Fabulous cause she looked happy and comfortable! Go for it. Even if it looks over the top, and ultimately only dressing for yourself, you never know who appreciates it!

Absolutely. Funny you mention this. We go to this one place for dinner every week and I noticed this 60ish lady there and just last week I said to my SO how I admired her "commitment to her purple accessories"! (Even though I wouldn't do it myself) She had a purple bag, purple watch, purple earrings... Once again this week she was back again and this time with a purple top! Made me smile.

Definitely not my personal taste but I though it was Fabulous cause she looked happy and comfortable! Go for it. Even if it looks over the top, and ultimately only dressing for yourself, you never know who appreciates it!

Fabulous, happy, and comfortable! I love that! Thanks! I'll make sure I'll feel comfortable when I wear it :biggrin: Thanks! *Hugs*

Nothing wrong with a pink bag as long as it coordinates with your outfit. My mum's in her 50s and has an awesome bright pink bag, but she wears it with black and white mostly not other bright colours.

Yes, this!
I used to see a mom prob in 40s during soccer practice, her wardrobe staple was a pink top and white pants, or polka dot top with pink pants. Matching shoes of course. She looked ageless and super wholesome. Not at all cutesy or girly, just how she carried herself, she wasn't trying hard at all but she knew pink looked great on her. And she was right because all the moms would be looking at her admiringly.

Something like this philosophy?

Warning

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
Jenny Joseph

• Love
I love pink bags. However, I've found finding a pink shade and style that I LOVE is hard because it's not a colour everyone loves and choice is limited. imo, if you find a shade of pink you love, and a style of bag you can wear for years - buy it. Pink can make an outfit pop, or you can just wear it because you love it and ~work it. I co-ordinate my clothes and shoes, but my bag is my bag and never has to match :happydance:

Something like this philosophy?

Warning

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
Jenny Joseph
You know, I have seen things with the slogan "When I am an old woman I will wear purple" but I never saw the entire quote until now. Thanks for posting.

I have a soft pink bag that I love to death and today I am carrying a bright fuchsia bag. It never occurred to me to dress my age.