Getting an error when trying to buy online?

Feb 26, 2007
Hi dolly chops!

I wondered if anyone here might be able to shed some light on an error I am receiving when trying to make a purchase on the Coach US website.

I am based on Australia, and am trying to purchase a Coach bag for my mum for Christmas using a mail forwarding company (the bag is $200 cheaper in the US than Australia!!). I also have a $100 promotion code making the bag even cheaper...hurrah ($300 total saving to spend on more gifts!!). However, every time I try to check out I get the following error:

ERROR

We have experienced an issue in processing your request. Please try your request again in a few minutes.

If the problem persists, please contact Coach Customer Service. 1-800-444-3611, Monday through Friday, 8AM to 11PM EST, Saturday 9AM-7PM EST, and Sunday 11AM-7PM EST. Please have the Error code listed below available when contacting us to assist in our trouble shooting of this issue.
Error Code: _ERR_GENERIC

I'm a bit worried about calling them though in case they have an issue with me using a mail forwarding company....do you think they might have picked this up in the shipping address and so are blocking my transaction? I would try another site, like Macys or Nordstrom, but I have this wonderful $100 promo code for the Coach website. If anyone else has experienced the error and has any Help Desk advice for me it would be so greatly appreciated!

x

Are you using a U.S. credit card? Coach only accepts credit cards with U.S. billing address. Quoted from "how to place an order": "Coach.com is not currently accepting orders with billing or shipping addresses outside of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico."