Getting an Edith

bag^lover

O.G.
Dec 25, 2008
Dear all,

I'm new to the Chloe forum (although I've been secretly digging up old photos of all your wonderful ediths) and I've been searching and waiting for a Edith in Whiskey for a long time. But the price just isn't right for me. But I've been thinking about the bag and have been stalking all the Ediths I see on the bay.

What do you all think? Should I go ahead to get one since I've been thinking of the bag since forever? Or should I just wait and get one at a price which I would not feel guilty? I mean, I will always think of how I can better use the amount on necessity rather than on a bag.

Spend your money on the perfect Edith...maybe post pics of the ones you are thinking of so we can better help you!!

I sold my edith and had to re-buy one becuase I missed it sooo much!!

It is always hard to track down something when you are looking specifically for it - I would suggest you have the bag authenticated in the correct thread before doing anything.

Ediths are incredibly well made and sturdy and will last forever - so if this is what you were after - providing it is authenticated - I'd say take a shot at it :smile:

BTW, I have inside information that the Chloe outlet in NY will be getting some Edith and Betty bags in in the next week or two....I doubt they'll be cheap (or as cheap as ebay) but brand new for sure!!

Personally I am VERY excited!!

BTW, I have inside information that the Chloe outlet in NY will be getting some Edith and Betty bags in in the next week or two....I doubt they'll be cheap (or as cheap as ebay) but brand new for sure!!

Personally I am VERY excited!!

Has anyone seen the new Ediths at the NY Outlet yet?
are they the same style as the original line or slightly/greatly different?

great choice! The Edith is for a lifetime;)

Dear all,

I'm new to the Chloe forum (although I've been secretly digging up old photos of all your wonderful ediths) and I've been searching and waiting for a Edith in Whiskey for a long time. But the price just isn't right for me. But I've been thinking about the bag and have been stalking all the Ediths I see on the bay.

What do you all think? Should I go ahead to get one since I've been thinking of the bag since forever? Or should I just wait and get one at a price which I would not feel guilty? I mean, I will always think of how I can better use the amount on necessity rather than on a bag.

The classic satchel style edith generally does not fit over the shoulder - but there are some variations that do, there is a double pocket edith, conteen, hobo, shopper... these styles have longer handle drops and are made to be worn over the shoulder. I have owned the conteen and the hobo and both were very comfortable to carry over the shoulder.

an alternative to this would be to track down the classic edith satchel with the detatchable long shoulder strap.

The classic satchel style edith generally does not fit over the shoulder - but there are some variations that do, there is a double pocket edith, conteen, hobo, shopper... these styles have longer handle drops and are made to be worn over the shoulder. I have owned the conteen and the hobo and both were very comfortable to carry over the shoulder.

an alternative to this would be to track down the classic edith satchel with the detatchable long shoulder strap.

Thanks!!! ;)

I am seriously falling in love with these bags...