Getting a new car... help!

zramilk

O.G.
Sep 1, 2008
Hong Kong/London/Glasgow
Hello TPF'ers!
When I passed my driving test 2 and a half years ago, I got a beautiful brand new Mercedes. Its a e350 Coupe in white.

I have had the best time driving this car. The diesel efficiency was great, a very smooth and easy drive, perfect first car. My little brother has passed his driving test, and I will be giving my car to him, and will be getting myself a new car.

My family have been range rover fans for the past 8 years. We have owned a few and have never had a problem with them. I have heard that they are 'unreliable' but have had no bad experience with them as of yet.

I want a used car, something that is 1-3 years old, and always assumed that I would get a vogue. I went to the show room yesterday and was very put off by the new range rover vogue. But then, A RR Sports caught my eye. It was a 60 plate (same as my merc) had done 15,000 miles and in white. Alot of nifty gadgets and is going for £39,000.

My dilemma: Do i get a vogue or a sports?? what are the differences? are they major other than size? I prefer that the sports is a bit smaller and seems a bit girlier than a vogue.. but my family is EXTREMELY against RR Sports.

TPF'ers, if you have any suggestions at all, please help me! I am leaning towards getting this used range, and would be looking to buy it in the next week or so.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
Nov 29, 2010
DCA via the DMV via NGA
I personally like the Vogue, but its curves do give a more feminine vibe and if you like that then why not.

:thinking: tPF may need to start an automotive subforum if one doesn't exist yet. I'm sure many more tpfers have similar questions...

Charles

Sucks at budgeting
O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Jacksonville, Fl
Ok, what's a RR Vogue? Is that the new Evoque?

*edit*
So from what I can piece together, the Vogue is what they call the "regular" Range Rover???

Why are you parents against the Sport? Are you buying it or are they?

chicmom78

Feb 23, 2012
Ok, what's a RR Vogue? Is that the new Evoque?

*edit*
So from what I can piece together, the Vogue is what they call the "regular" Range Rover???

Why are you parents against the Sport? Are you buying it or are they?
I had to look this up because here in the US we just call it the Range Rover, not a range rover vogue. I have the full size range rover and love it. I have also owned a range rover sport and LR4. And my husband drives a Defender 110. The difference is obviously the size. The sport is smaller but I loved it and would still have one but I have 2 kids so its too small. If its just you, and you love it then whats the big deal? It's the same company (land rover) so why do your parents care if you get a sport instead of the full sized RR? I have never had any issues with any of my rovers that I've ever owned/leased and I've had 6 now and my husband has always had one too. As long as there is a warranty then shouldn't be a problem to get fixed of something happens