Get the med classic flap, or reissue? Need help!

lily42

Jun 30, 2007
Hello Chanel experts!

I am new to the brand and need help deciding - so I can finally sleep! Have done many "window shopping" trips, but still need advice.

Love the Reissue 226 size , but it is over budget :crybaby:
however, the medium classic flap (in caviar with new chain) is second on the list and more within reach. What is the general feeling of the classic vs. the Reissue? should I try to save and just go for the Reissue, or will the classic flap be fabulous enough and last me through the years? what is the main reason why you love the reissue?

Can anyone also please confirm this: are the new chains no longer available? A nordstrom SA told me those were seasonal and they are sold out. :confused1: i'm confused..
thank you for the help!

Can anyone also please confirm this: are the new chains no longer available? A nordstrom SA told me those were seasonal and they are sold out. :confused1: i'm confused..
thank you for the help!

Yes I would like to know too - are the classic flap bags (black caviar) with the new "modern" chain (bright silver) are those bags part of the continued lineup for Chanel or no.....

will they be continuously available....

or have they stopped production and they will come out again...

or be discontinued....:confused1:

THe price difference between the two is very little considering how much you are paying. When you pay this much for a handbag, you should LOVE it. Save and get the one you love most.

I should say get the reissue. Not only it is a wonderful item for your collection but it is timeless and you can say to yourself "You're lucky!" Coz' you own a reissue. :biggrin:

I love them both, you will not go wrong with either, so try to look at them IRL if you can, hold them yourself and it might be easier to make a decision, they are very similar but different too, in texture, in shapes and feel.
then again, It is more difficult to get a reissue as compared to the timeless classic, so if your SA can get hold of a reissue for u, if you like the color, u should get it.....if you are ok with the $.