Get the glitzy Sonia Rykiel or the small Gucci?

Aug 20, 2006
Or, should I get neither bag?

I don't need another purse, but for some reason, I love to purchase more. Both are under $175.

Here's the gucci small Jolicoeur tote (maybe gift for mom?) This is not the one I'm buying, I'm just posting a pic off the internet to give you folks some reference, but it's the exact same one.
24edr9i.jpg

Here's the Sonia Rykiel (gift for me or mom?) :smile:
inqzgh.jpg

one more pic
23koitt.jpg

Thanks for the opinions!

I have 2 SK bags both studded (and heavy but with metal not sparkle) and I have a pile of Gucci :P

Both are nice and such different bags. for under $175 I don't think you can go wrong. Then again it doesn't really sound you are in love with either and I wouldn't buy any bag from any brand just because it's a bargain.

I would go for the Rykiel!

Thanks for the encouragement!

First of all, your puppy is adorable (in your avatar)! Secondly, I prefer the Gucci out of the two.

awww....thanks for the pup compliment. I'll be sure to tell her she's got admirers on PF. Any reasons why the gucci?

I have 2 SK bags both studded (and heavy but with metal not sparkle) and I have a pile of Gucci :P

Both are nice and such different bags. for under $175 I don't think you can go wrong. Then again it doesn't really sound you are in love with either and I wouldn't buy any bag from any brand just because it's a bargain.

Yes, I agree, they are def different bags. I've got a pile of gucci purses as well and I'm not sure this one will be a nice different little one.

I do like SR bags, and I do like this one too. just don't know if I should put my $150 towards something else (fear of buyer's remorse) or if I don't take the SR I'll regret it later (never see that type of purse for that price)

i prefer the gucci, not a fans of the studded SR. i love studded bags and shoes but not liking that studs

Yes, I do love studded bags too. The round dots are all crystals. So, it's quite blingy.

I just never know if ppl find it worth it at all to purchase a small purse like the gucci.

Thanks everyone for the feedback thus far. PF ppl are like the fashionable friends and family I never had = always there to give advice out of the goodness of their hearts!

I'm such an impulsive buyer, but I've gotta cut back bc I'd like to buy everything....and that just can't happen anymore! So, I'm really thinking hard about both of these.

[QUOTEI'm such an impulsive buyer, but I've gotta cut back bc I'd like to buy everything....and that just can't happen anymore! So, I'm really thinking hard about both of these.[/QUOTE]
My third advice: "Whe in doubt, leave it out." Do you really need it or lust it? If you're not really keen on spending right now, pass. Ironically I don't buy logod bags but you gave choices of two completely different styles and I guess I prefered the one with less bling. :smile:

[QUOTEI'm such an impulsive buyer, but I've gotta cut back bc I'd like to buy everything....and that just can't happen anymore! So, I'm really thinking hard about both of these.
My third advice: "Whe in doubt, leave it out." Do you really need it or lust it? If you're not really keen on spending right now, pass. Ironically I don't buy logod bags but you gave choices of two completely different styles and I guess I prefered the one with less bling. :smile:[/QUOTE]

Yah, I think you're right.

I'll see what kind of wheeling and dealing I can do tomorrow.

And btw....you're little fluff is cute as ever too! Love the teddy bear face!