Get so darn mad .... Lv resellers

Apr 23, 2007
:cursing:I know Ebay is a market where the the most money wins the item, but gosh, I get so tired of bidding against LV resellers, and I do not mean the LV owner who sells their own pieces on Ebay periodically to finance new but rather those that do this on a full-time basis. I was outbid by Fashionphile AGAIN (where she bids under id gotlux) and this is the second time in a month. I guess it would not bother me so much if the person who won the item was bidding for the same reason as myself, she/he wants the item for their own enjoyment and pleasure, but when someone is merely buying to turn around and sell it to one of us for more just erks me to no end. :cursing::cursing::cursing: I know.... this is just how it is, how the Ebay system works. Thanks for letting me rant, I feel a little better .....actually, no i don't :crybaby:

SC, that totally sucks! I would totally feel the same way. It is fair game, but still it is so frustrating that they do it to sell it at a higher price! I did not know that they buy off Ebay and resell. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

i agree w/ you, it happened to me so many times:cursing: that she outbid me too, and yah! its sucks that we got outbid by someone who don't use it for enjoyment rather than doing it to resell for higher price:tdown:, sorry no offense but its true.

Well you have to see this from the sellers side too, they have achieved a higher price for their item. But I can understand the pain though - I would be most annoyed to see a bag I sell on ebay for $500 then gets re-listed by some platinum trusted ebay reseller for $1,000.

And now its even harder to sell LV items if you do not have a track record like the platinum resellers...

Yeah. I not only find it annoying that she outbids to sell. But my bids on several of her auctions have been canceled lately so she could sell to another ebayer for an undisclosed price. I really dont think its fair or in the spirit of Ebay. Therefore, I will not be bidding on her auctions anymore. Waste of my time!

:shrugs: Sorry, the only thing I can say is...bid more.

If a reseller is bidding an amount, obviously they think not only is it worth the bid...but enough more that they can resell it at a profit, so you must be bidding too low.

I know we all want and love a good deal...but the seller is entitled to get the best selling price possible...if that is from a reseller then so be it.

JMHO

:cursing:I know Ebay is a market where the the most money wins the item, but gosh, I get so tired of bidding against LV resellers, and I do not mean the LV owner who sells their own pieces on Ebay periodically to finance new but rather those that do this on a full-time basis. I was outbid by Fashionphile AGAIN (where she bids under id gotlux) and this is the second time in a month. I guess it would not bother me so much if the person who won the item was bidding for the same reason as myself, she/he wants the item for their own enjoyment and pleasure, but when someone is merely buying to turn around and sell it to one of us for more just erks me to no end. :cursing::cursing::cursing: I know.... this is just how it is, how the Ebay system works. Thanks for letting me rant, I feel a little better .....actually, no i don't :crybaby:

Maybe I'm lost early this morning, but I can't find that ID on eBay.

Also, how do you know it was her bidding since eBay masks bids? Do you mean she won the item & not just outbid you?

:shrugs: Sorry, the only thing I can say is...bid more.

If a reseller is bidding an amount, obviously they think not only is it worth the bid...but enough more that they can resell it at a profit, so you must be bidding too low.

JMHO

I don't think this is always the case tho. Many times we've seen her offering an item at or over retail! I've been outbid by her too and the price she won it, plus everything she'd do for the bag to get it ready to be relisted, relist it and then ship it just doesn't seem very profitable for her sometimes.