Get rid of my Delightful and fund for a Galliera?

viacarolina2394

LV & Bal Obsessed
Aug 6, 2012
I just thought of selling my Delightful PM to Fashionphile (it's been used maybe 4 times) and then funding towards a Galliera GM that they have that is GORGEOUS and pretty much new. I went ahead and put it on layaway (i love this option!!!!) and hopefully they give me a good quote for my delightful. Do you guys think I should go through with this? I originally wanted a Gal GM but I wanted to buy a brand new bag and unfortunately I couldn't find one online in good condition (since they are discontinued.)

So, should I go through with it? what are your opinions on the Gal vs the Delightful?

ETA: Reminder about selling/buying/trading is not permitted here

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they giving a fair price for the Delightful? If yes and you don't use the Delightful like you thought, then get the Galliera.
I love my Delightful MM, but I use the icare strap and wear her cross body most of the time. I thought I went to heaven when I discovered this way of carrying her. Gives a whole different dimension to the bag.

I just thought of selling my Delightful PM to Fashionphile (it's been used maybe 4 times) and then funding towards a Galliera GM that they have that is GORGEOUS and pretty much new. I went ahead and put it on layaway (i love this option!!!!) and hopefully they give me a good quote for my delightful. Do you guys think I should go through with this? I originally wanted a Gal GM but I wanted to buy a brand new bag and unfortunately I couldn't find one online in good condition (since they are discontinued.)

So, should I go through with it? what are your opinions on the Gal vs the Delightful?

I don't have delightful but I do have Galliera GM, I love how the bag slouches on your shoulder and the design of the bag looks really stylish,the handle is very comfy as well.

I've had both. I bought the Galliera GM first in mono, and really enjoyed the bag. It had a great slouchy look and the handle was so comfy. I ended up selling it after about a year or so because I really didn't like the big gold plate on the front. It would get scratched and I thought it was just too much.

Also, the rings had a problem with leaving dark marks on the vachetta.

I now have the Delightful MM, and I love it to death. In my opinion it's almost exactly like the Galliera, except without the gold plate or black marks.

If I were you, I wouldn't sell the Delightful unless you really don't like the bag (it's all a matter of personal preference). Also, the Galliera GM is going to be much bigger than the Delightful PM.

I've had both. I bought the Galliera GM first in mono, and really enjoyed the bag. It had a great slouchy look and the handle was so comfy. I ended up selling it after about a year or so because I really didn't like the big gold plate on the front. It would get scratched and I thought it was just too much.

Also, the rings had a problem with leaving dark marks on the vachetta.

I now have the Delightful MM, and I love it to death. In my opinion it's almost exactly like the Galliera, except without the gold plate or black marks.

If I were you, I wouldn't sell the Delightful unless you really don't like the bag (it's all a matter of personal preference). Also, the Galliera GM is going to be much bigger than the Delightful PM.

I originally bought the Delightful MM but I wanted to get a smaller bag so I got them PM. I just feel like I need a high-scaled bag (if that doesn't sound ridiculous.) I just have the common bags and I really want a nice tote that I will look at and know it will be great for me for a while. Hmm... now idk what to do lol

I personally like the Delightful more than Galleria, but I can see what you are saying. Sorry I am not of much help. I actually see the Galleria more than the Delightful in my area.

I love my galliera. It's my favourite bag through spring and summer.

I've never had a problem with the plate. And any marks from the rings are removed by using a pencil eraser.

I also agree that it's less frequently seen than the delightful, at least around here. I've seen a few of the latter around town, but - so far - the only galliera I've encountered in these parts is mine.

I love my galliera. It's my favourite bag through spring and summer.

I've never had a problem with the plate. And any marks from the rings are removed by using a pencil eraser.

I also agree that it's less frequently seen than the delightful, at least around here. I've seen a few of the latter around town, but - so far - the only galliera I've encountered in these parts is mine.

I agree. I think it's a gorgeous bag and especially the GM because the plate is not so overpowering. My plan now is to start luring into the more expensive bags of LV and try to not be so repetitive on the main ones (speedys, neverfulls, etc.) I almost bought another NF but in azur (I own a DE one) and now I'm going to buy an Azur Noe instead to not make my collection so basic. I have already put my down payment on my Galliera and once I receive a quote I will put that directly towards the Gal and pay off the rest :smile: I love that Fashionphile has that option, it makes it easier for me to guarantee my beauty of a bag! So I will have 2 delicious reveals coming quite soon :smile: YAY!

I originally bought the Delightful MM but I wanted to get a smaller bag so I got them PM. I just feel like I need a high-scaled bag (if that doesn't sound ridiculous.) I just have the common bags and I really want a nice tote that I will look at and know it will be great for me for a while. Hmm... now idk what to do lol

I totally understand what you're saying. The Galliera is more "high-end" than the Delightful, and if that's the look you're going for then I say go for it. Some people like the gold plate in the front because it gives it a more special look to a canvas bag. I guess I prefer the Delightful because I wanted something more "low-key". In my area (south Texas), I saw a whole bunch of Gallieras on women, and it wasn't until the Delightful was released that I noticed more Delightfuls.

I totally understand what you're saying. The Galliera is more "high-end" than the Delightful, and if that's the look you're going for then I say go for it. Some people like the gold plate in the front because it gives it a more special look to a canvas bag. I guess I prefer the Delightful because I wanted something more "low-key". In my area (south Texas), I saw a whole bunch of Gallieras on women, and it wasn't until the Delightful was released that I noticed more Delightfuls.

Yes that was the reason I wanted the Delightful. But now idk I'm having this spur of wanting to get nicer bags. I am not too much of a fan of the plate to be honest but I think it does add a more sophisticated look to the bag while the Delightful is more casual. I'm quite excited! Also, I live in Tallahassee so you do not even see Speedys! Only MK & Douney & Bourke (if thats how you spell it lol). So I guess I really see my "purse community" as TPF lol, it's the only place that I can look at woman and be like, ah yes, you understand me!! LOL :roflmfao:

I have mono Delightful GM and MM and mono Galliera GM. I find it hard to arrange my things in the Galliera - the slouch distorts due to the flatter shape. What I carry is bulky though, and fits better in the Delightfuls. The Galliera is a great bag but I know I'm not going to be using it as much as my Delightfuls and other totes.

I have mono Delightful GM and MM and mono Galliera GM. I find it hard to arrange my things in the Galliera - the slouch distorts due to the flatter shape. What I carry is bulky though, and fits better in the Delightfuls. The Galliera is a great bag but I know I'm not going to be using it as much as my Delightfuls and other totes.

It's funny you say that, I feel almost as if my things feel bulky inside my Delightful! My plan is to no matter what get the Galliera GM and sell my Delightful PM, but maybe I will buy the Delightful MM later on (hopefully it comes in Azur)

I totally understand. Sold my delightful pm too because I didn't like the way it looked when it was filled
I bought the totally pm and couldn't be more happy.
If you don't wear the bag sell it and buy something you'll love and wear every day

This is funny! I have the opposite problem! I have a galliera GM I have been using for two years, and am contemplating getting rid of it for the delightful. However, I can't get over the fact that I won't get anywhere close to the nearly $2k I spent. DH says to just keep it :sad: decisions, decisions...