Get On Up - James Brown movie 01 August

Ladybug09

So Sweet!
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
Anyone else going to see it?

I'm going to see it this Friday. Was watching the news this am and I didn't know that Mick Jagger was the one to bring this to the screen. He also bought Brown's music catalog.

I saw this last week via sneak peek and it's absolutely fabulous! I never knew much about James browns background and this movie does a great job of bringing his story to life.

It received a great review in our paper. I didn't know Jagger bought JB's catalogue; I knew he made the movie. It looks awesome. Movies about the music legends have always been a favorite of mine.

when they were doing the filming here in Ms everyone was talking about how nice the actors were. we all knew about nice Dan Aykroyd was because he has been back and forth here for other business that he has here - he is a founder of Crystal Head Vodka and came to sign bottles of it at one of the liquor stores that sells it. while here he was sworn in as a sheriff's reserve deputy and said he fell so in love with the people and places here in MS that he wanted to give back - he bought and donated a brand new patrol car for the sheriff's department!

and everyone had such praise for Chadwick Boseman! he was so nice and gracious to everyone that came in contact with him.

just read a review and realized he was lip syncing to the original james brown music. But he really had the moves down.
I should have know that was the original music.

We saw Jersey Boys movie this weekend too and liked Get On Up better.

I forget how much - but he said he practiced those dance moves several hours a day watching old footage of mr browns. We knew about the singing though.