get jumbo if already own m/l and gst?

Jun 24, 2006
hi guys n gals! i'm wondering if it would be a waste to get the black caviar jumbo with gh if i already own both the m/l and gst in the exact same combo? i do LOVE that combo loll. i feel that the jumbo is large for evenings so i can't let go of my m/l. and the gst is very practical for everyday since i'm a mommy of twin 2 year old girls! when i see pics of the jumbo my heart swoons... but i don't have much purpose for it now. but should i take the plunge now before more increases in the future? who know how much they'll cost by the time i can use it for everyday?

thanks in advance!!!

Would you be open to another color? I think you can use a jumbo as an everyday bag...the gst is a bit bigger so if you already have that for every day, using the jumbo for every day is not much of a stretch. Are you open to other colors?

Would you be open to another color? I think you can use a jumbo as an everyday bag...the gst is a bit bigger so if you already have that for every day, using the jumbo for every day is not much of a stretch. Are you open to other colors?
i love neutrals but wouldn't want a light color because i'd be too afraid of getting it dirty. i think that narrows it down to navy or red...??

hi guys n gals! i'm wondering if it would be a waste to get the black caviar jumbo with gh if i already own both the m/l and gst in the exact same combo? i do LOVE that combo loll. i feel that the jumbo is large for evenings so i can't let go of my m/l. and the gst is very practical for everyday since i'm a mommy of twin 2 year old girls! when i see pics of the jumbo my heart swoons... but i don't have much purpose for it now. but should i take the plunge now before more increases in the future? who know how much they'll cost by the time i can use it for everyday?

thanks in advance!!!

Yes - I think the sizes and over all functionality are different for the ml vs jumbo. Maybe go patent with your jumbo? Good luck!

I probably try anther combo.

I feel jumbo is heavy for me (mine is lamb which is lighter than caviar).

I'd recommend reissue 226 for everyday in red or navy blue if you are not comfortable with other colors.

thanks in advance!!!

I share the same problem with u. I also have gst and ml caviar. Somehow i know that ml can fit my things. But still i just feel more satisfied if i could get 1 jumbo flap. Chanel just makes me feel that way. Planning to get jumbo now.

I have the black caviar jumbo with GHW, and I absolutely love mine - it is such a versatile style.

I agree with the others that maybe you could think about another colour? But, having said that, there is no point getting another colour for the sake of getting another colour! If you will use and love the black jumbo, go for it! No point getting a different colour if it will only sit in its box.

As seahorseinstripes said, if you will wear it then it's worth it! :smile:

You should go with it!:tup: Jumbo, medium and GST are different bags for different occasions!:coolio:
The GST is only a casual "to go to work" bag, the medium only for evening, dinners and the Jumbo as everyday bag. It goes from day to night. When I carry mine during the day and we're going to a dinner later, my Jumbo is buy my side. I think this is the bag which I use most! I've got my second one! Now I have both blacks! One with silver hw and one with gold hw! Loooove them! Get it before the price increase!:sunnies

I say most definitely! I love jumbos! I think they are a great everyday bag and give a completely different look than m/l. I have a black lamb jumbo in SHW (wear that the most), black lambskin jumbo (GHW) and black lambskin (GHW) m/l, along with a few other colors in jumbos. I say get what you know you will wear!! I just downsized and sold some colors that I thought I would wear and just do not. I wear ALL my black Chanels. Go for it! Would you ever do SHW?

I have a Jumbo but in Caviar and find that carrying all day it does get heavy. I also think it is too big to take out to dinner as it is hard to keep discreetly on your knee. NEVER use a purse hook either ladies - I have recently heard how someone had their Hermes Kelly stolen off one of those - they went under the table and unhooked it..........
I am saving for a GST myself - that way I have a great everyday bag, the Jumbo is when I want to dress up for the day (but not out all day as she gets heavy) and the M/L is a great day or evening bag too.
I think the Jumbo gets heavy as the chains do dig in to the shoulder where the GST has leather in that area so is less painful.
But I would still recommend the Jumbo.
I think the staples are: GST / Medium Large / Jumbo / WOC -
they will give you a well rounded collection.