Get it before the price increases: Jumbo blk caviar SHW (double flap)

BossLady81

O.G.
Jun 29, 2010
FYI for anyone who's trying to nab this bag before the price increase:

I had a Jumbo blk caviar SHW (double flap) ordered and mailed to me from the Maiden Lane boutique in San Francisco this week. But when it arrived I just wasn't in love. I shipped it back to them today. It will arrive at the boutique on Wednesday (5/11), so if anyone's looking to grab that bag, check for it on Wednesday! My SA was Angie. She knows it's on the way back to her.

I carefully inspected it before I sent it back. It has no loose thread, scratches etc.

I am dismayed that I didn't love it the way I thought I would. It was just too small. *sigh*...the search for the perfect, end-all bag continues...

I had a Jumbo blk caviar SHW (double flap) ordered and mailed to me from the Maiden Lane boutique in San Francisco this week. But when it arrived I just wasn't in love. I shipped it back to them today. It will arrive at the boutique on Wednesday (5/11), so if anyone's looking to grab that bag, check for it on Wednesday! My SA was Angie. She knows it's on the way back to her.

I carefully inspected it before I sent it back. It has no loose thread, scratches etc.

I am dismayed that I didn't love it the way I thought I would. It was just too small. *sigh*...the search for the perfect, end-all bag continues...
Thx! 4 the info!

Maybe you should try the maxi size? It's bigger than jumbo.

Wondering why you didn't do a reveal to the Bay Area ladies. :smile: I purchased jumbo. Wish I got black maxi in SHW. Now I have to scrape and go on a diet to save for a maxi.:nuts:

Meant to say I purchased M/L..

Thanks for the info, I am looking for the GHW since I already have the SHW in the single flap.

LUVLVBAGS, when I was in the SF boutique last week they got a shipment with at least 2 GHW Jumbos...double flap though.

leatherobsessed, I love Angie too! I am definitely working with her again when I finally find my bag.

Neiman had the Maxi with SHW, but I found it to be kind of awkward and heavy. I feel like something is wrong with me psychologically for not being in love with the classic flaps, but I think they're really just not my style. I might like a M/L someday for an evening bag...but right now I can't justify ~$4000 for something I'd use twice a year for weddings.

I think I'm more of a tote girl. I have a beat up LV bat H from 2005 that goes everywhere with me, and my original plan was to get a black cerf...but when I checked out the cerf in person with Angie I found that the drop on the top handles was too short to hang on my shoulder comfortably. I know it's got the strap, but the top handles were still poking me when I was using the strap. I need to do more research on other Chanel totes :thinking:...or else it's going to be an LV black epi of some sort for me.

I love my Chanel shoes and sunglasses so much...I'm just being too much of a bag perfectionist right now :Push:

LUVLVBAGS, when I was in the SF boutique last week they got a shipment with at least 2 GHW Jumbos...double flap though.

leatherobsessed, I love Angie too! I am definitely working with her again when I finally find my bag.

Neiman had the Maxi with SHW, but I found it to be kind of awkward and heavy. I feel like something is wrong with me psychologically for not being in love with the classic flaps, but I think they're really just not my style. I might like a M/L someday for an evening bag...but right now I can't justify ~$4000 for something I'd use twice a year for weddings.

I think I'm more of a tote girl. I have a beat up LV bat H from 2005 that goes everywhere with me, and my original plan was to get a black cerf...but when I checked out the cerf in person with Angie I found that the drop on the top handles was too short to hang on my shoulder comfortably. I know it's got the strap, but the top handles were still poking me when I was using the strap. I need to do more research on other Chanel totes :thinking:...or else it's going to be an LV black epi of some sort for me.

I love my Chanel shoes and sunglasses so much...I'm just being too much of a bag perfectionist right now :Push:

Call me crazy but for 2 years I disdained the Jumbo; I couldn't understand all the hype? I then tried on a lambskin model at a boutique and my heart sang. Since then I've bought two more? Soooo...the moral of my story, the black caviar black Jumbo (shw) is not your schtick but another model Jumbo maybe?

I definitely agree that the Jumbo is a gorgeous bag; I just don't find it to be a functional bag for my everyday use, which is what I wanted. I didn't like having to undo the clasp every single time to get into it, and I didn't have the paitence to seek out a single flap, so the double flap was annoying to me too. But most of all, it just doesn't hold everything I want it to hold. I knew that would mean the Jumbo would just sit in my closet while I continued to reach for my larger LV over and over again. I already have a Dior bag rotting in my closet for the same reason and I didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

A friend of mine has a Chanel tote from a few years back that's a seasonal piece, not a classic, and I think something like her bag is probably more my style. Something with an open top for easy access, shoulder straps with a good length drop so the bag sits comfortably, and definitely a designated cell phone pocket!

I've heard a lot of people say GST is a very heavy bag and gets annoying, and sadly when I tried on the GST I felt the same way - it was so heavy. Maxi seemed very heavy too. I am going to NYC in May and I'm hoping that the Chanel there will have a larger selection of totes, not just the standard cerf-GST-medallion...

Call me crazy but for 2 years I disdained the Jumbo; I couldn't understand all the hype? I then tried on a lambskin model at a boutique and my heart sang. Since then I've bought two more? Soooo...the moral of my story, the black caviar black Jumbo (shw) is not your schtick but another model Jumbo maybe?

I definitely agree that the Jumbo is a gorgeous bag; I just don't find it to be a functional bag for my everyday use, which is what I wanted. I didn't like having to undo the clasp every single time to get into it, and I didn't have the paitence to seek out a single flap, so the double flap was annoying to me too. But most of all, it just doesn't hold everything I want it to hold. I knew that would mean the Jumbo would just sit in my closet while I continued to reach for my larger LV over and over again. I already have a Dior bag rotting in my closet for the same reason and I didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

A friend of mine has a Chanel tote from a few years back that's a seasonal piece, not a classic, and I think something like her bag is probably more my style. Something with an open top for easy access, shoulder straps with a good length drop so the bag sits comfortably, and definitely a designated cell phone pocket!

I've heard a lot of people say GST is a very heavy bag and gets annoying, and sadly when I tried on the GST I felt the same way - it was so heavy. Maxi seemed very heavy too.

Got it! Keep searching you'll find your treasure (with the understanding that there is no such thing as the "perfect" bag). That's the conclusion I've arrived to...we have to have more then one bag to fulfill our needs, LOL!:lol: