Get in here Ladies! What do we need?

As a newbie to Chanel, I think the reference forum would be great, but also picture forums of the different lines. I may have heard about the names, but I'm not necessarily familiar with them.

I did enjoy the PDF's of the new catalogues, that was fab!

elongreach said:
I don't want this to get too complicated because we have a lot of newbies learning about Chanel. I just want things to stay simple and easy enough for a 2 year old to use.

I agree. I think ligne specific subforums would maybe complicate things. I do like the idea of a resource subforum and accessories subforum.

Smoothoprter said:
I agree. I think ligne specific subforums would maybe complicate things. I do like the idea of a resource subforum and accessories subforum.

I totally agree. Also, making way too many subforums for specific lines would only give very very few threads on each!! It would get too complicated, I think

I think inside of the resource subforum we can be a little more specific inside of a thread. At least then, when someone wants to know about the luxe ligne or cambons, they can go to that thread and learn and see more of them.

No, no y'all! I didn't mean a sub-forum for each line! LOL!

I meant a Chanel resource Sub full of threads, one for each line and so forth. . . .
KWIM?

Hue - these would absolutely be FULL of pics, we lurve us some eye candy in here!

Let's wait a while and then analyze the need later.

I think Japskivt does a great job of telling us where certain bags are and it would be nice to have a thread about where to find stuff.

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
No, no y'all! I didn't mean a sub-forum for each line! LOL!

I meant a Chanel resource Sub full of threads, one for each line and so forth. . . .
KWIM?

Hue - these would absolutely be FULL of pics, we lurve us some eye candy in here!

Good idea! :yes:

Ooh, I like the resource subforum with all the season's styles...and maybe a thread with everyone's favorite SAs and their contact info (and SAs to avoid?)? It would also be nice to have an ongoing thread of "sightings" with what you saw at the boutique when you went shopping.

I like how in the LV subforum, they have a "clubhouse" subforum and a "club" for a specific style; it would be nice if each style's thread had all the FAQs for the style in the initial post so the people who are looking for info know exactly where to look and we don't get a new thread with the same question every few days.

But I also agree that breaking up the discussion into too many subforums would make the Chanel forum lose its momentum, too. Baby steps!

Edited to add: Thank you to the admins and mods of the PF and all the experts here. It's great to see the community grow, and it's even greater that you ask us for input.