Gerard Darel Spring/Summer 2008 Handbags! Check It Out! HOT!!!

i got over the GD 24 hr bags when i first saw them i wanted 1 so bad but then i decided they were too plain
BUT MAN THAT GREEN MIDDAY MIDNIGHT SAINT GERMAIN CRAZY BAG is gorgeous! :smile: thanks for sharing!!! if only these things were avail easily in the US

i got over the GD 24 hr bags when i first saw them i wanted 1 so bad but then i decided they were too plain
BUT MAN THAT GREEN MIDDAY MIDNIGHT SAINT GERMAIN CRAZY BAG is gorgeous! :smile: thanks for sharing!!! if only these things were avail easily in the US

I just wrote to Mischelle at Blondette again...begging...no groveling! HEHE! She had tried in the past to carry these bags in her e-store and after seeing the newest ones, I'm hoping that she'll try again! She's well aware of our dealing with Anooshka at Rumor and of our love of GD bags. Surely, there's a way to get these darlings. There's at least 3 bags that I really am lusting for.....guess I'd better plan on selling some of my new bags soon in order to afford them cause I know that I won't be happy until I do!

it sucks cause i would love to order one from this new line but i KNOW if rumor is the only place carrying them then i officially will get over that obsession really fast
i wouldnt ever ever try and order from her after how horribly members here have been treated BOO!

Last last night, I emailed the Gerard Darel boutique in London and have already received a response! HEHE....I asked for a price list for all their handbags since there are about a dozen that I want!!!!! Guess I'd better hurry out and buy those lottery tickets!:lol::lol:

Thought I would share this with you ......

Dear Mrs xxxx,

I just can’t provide you a price list of all the new collection bags.
However, as they are all presented in our web site, you can make your choice and then I’ll tell you if they are available or not, and their prices.

Concerning the shipping fees, the amount is between 100 and 200 Euros according to how many bags you’d like.
Unfortunately, I have no idea of the amount of the taxes as it depends on the US government.

If you need any more information, do not hesitate to get back to us.

Best regards.

Claire Marciano
E-boutique GERARD DAREL

[email protected]

I just converted 100 Euros to US Dollars....

Live rates at 2008.02.19 13:54:30 UTC 100.00 EUR

=

147.341 USD

Euro United States Dollars 1 EUR = 1.47341 USD 1 USD = 0.678698 EUR

Yikes!

Question: If I know of someone traveling to London, will it cost the same amount to have them purchase the bag for me...and how difficult for them would it be to buy a handbag to bring back to the US? Having never traveled to Europe, I have no idea how this works.:confused1::confused1:

bag-dear....
let's just say that it's not easy if you're "$ sensitive" and it can be really easy IF you just really want the bag and not too concerned about the overall cost.

With most Euro countries, there's VAT (value added tax) that is part of the retail price. If you bring the item back into the US, you can get your VAT back, but have to fill out forms, show your passport, etc. and get a refund either at the airport or via mail. Then of course, there's the overall picture of "duty" into the US. Depending on how much someone has purchased abroad, I think your allowance is $800 per person? (sorry, cannot remember exactly) tax free. If it's above and if you're honest at disclosure, than you have to pay duty on the products above your limit.

Now - I know of people who just "carry" their items (purses, jewelry, clothing) through customs as IF they have owned it prior to their trip without incident. Needless to say, I would NOT do this IF you're coming back from France w/an Hermes......kinda like carrying a screaming red flag.

I hope this helps.
FWIW....I bought a Mulberry in London last Oct. and paid about $75 less than what I would have in the States.

The GD seller in London should be able to quote you in Pounds as well as Euros since England is NOT on the Euro.

Back to original topic....THOSE BAGS ARE HOT HOT HOT HOT! I can see why you want to hunt them down. Ogilvy in Montreal sells GD...they have a small boutique in this store. You can try to contact them to see IF they have what you want and will ship to you in the US....just another option.

Good morning, bag-dear!

bag-dear....
let's just say that it's not easy if you're "$ sensitive" and it can be really easy IF you just really want the bag and not too concerned about the overall cost.

With most Euro countries, there's VAT (value added tax) that is part of the retail price. If you bring the item back into the US, you can get your VAT back, but have to fill out forms, show your passport, etc. and get a refund either at the airport or via mail. Then of course, there's the overall picture of "duty" into the US. Depending on how much someone has purchased abroad, I think your allowance is $800 per person? (sorry, cannot remember exactly) tax free. If it's above and if you're honest at disclosure, than you have to pay duty on the products above your limit.

Now - I know of people who just "carry" their items (purses, jewelry, clothing) through customs as IF they have owned it prior to their trip without incident. Needless to say, I would NOT do this IF you're coming back from France w/an Hermes......kinda like carrying a screaming red flag.

I hope this helps.
FWIW....I bought a Mulberry in London last Oct. and paid about $75 less than what I would have in the States.

The GD seller in London should be able to quote you in Pounds as well as Euros since England is NOT on the Euro.

Back to original topic....THOSE BAGS ARE HOT HOT HOT HOT! I can see why you want to hunt them down. You can try to contact distributors in Canada to see IF they will ship to you in the US....just another option.

Good morning, bag-dear!

Good moring dc and thanks so much for being there for me....as usual. Regarding price...yeah-it is definitely an issue as I've overspent my personal budget. Given the # of bags that I've purchased just since early fall, my well is dry!!! Of course, I could and certainly would be willing to sell some in order to finance the purchase of 1 or more of these babies. I'm wondering from where the bags would be shipped if one orders from their online boutique...probably France considering that's where it appears Claire is located and because she quoted the shipping fees in Euros. Would the bags be less pricey in Canada or would buying one from there simply mean fewer taxes? This homegal has just got to get out and travel more....problem is, my frickin' claustrophobia prevents me from getting on the plane w/o meds! Seriously! Considering the duration of a flight to Europe....that's a lot of meds! LOL!!!!!! For years, my DH has been begging me to travel abroad and given my insatiable desire for these bags, I might just have to.

BTW..I was positive that you would be smitten with this new GD collection considering what I've known you to buy over the past year! Our taste is very similar.

Oh. My. God. Must. stop. looking. at. that. site!!! :drool:

There's a store nearby that sells GD bags. I've mentioned them here before. I checked them out but I felt they were the lower quality GD bags. I will try to stop in there soon and ask about this collection.

Yup....spot on "smitten" with those new GD bags AND we do have the same taste in bags!!!

Okay, let's look at it this way - since the bags are so hard to find, maybe it's not our time yet....maybe we should be patient and let the "karmic bag forces" work their magic and before you know it......we'll get our bag-hands on 'em - ON SALE!!! (okay, so maybe I'm dreaming).

You never know....your bag-lust may overtake your fear of flying and now w/drugs (like ambian??? to make you go sleepy-sleep....you'll be in London OR Paris in no time).

BUT....since the dollar is so weak - you really cannot get a bargain now. Unfortunately, the only thing you may save is just the taxes....if SOME cases, handbags are MORE expensive in Europe than here in the US cuz our dollar literally sucks. There was an interesting article posted here a couple of months ago as to why NM, BG and other higher end retailers have put a cap on the number of bags to be bought at a time by customers........people are buying 'em up here (cuz they are less $) and then taking them abroad to sell at a profit. Ugh.

I am not familiar with this brand - but OMG - beautiful!!
Have you tried to contact the store in Montreal? I think shipping should be a heck of a lot less from Canada. And I'm not sure, but I think the $ may do better against the Canadian $ than the BP.
Do you know the approx price point of this designer? Don't want to get my hopes up if there's no way!