Gerard Darel sightings in NYC

PGN

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
Just got back from NYC and saw some GD charlotte bags. BG has 2 in the blue.I found a boutique on 5th at W45th street called The Look. They carried a lot of french bags/clothing. They had the GD in blue,black,white,and choco brown. The leather was smooth in all of them excepth the choco was a littled pebbled. The price at this boutique was $298!! I would have bought one but I bought a cognac spy and that sorta shot the funds:biggrin:

298? that is a great price. thanks for the update. i actually got a call last night from BG, they finally received their shipment and the SA is sending me one in black. i hope is nice as to i have never seen it IRL, but the price is just fab for an everyday bag with no worries.

what color blue was it?

doulosforhim said:
298? that is a great price. thanks for the update. i actually got a call last night from BG, they finally received their shipment and the SA is sending me one in black. i hope is nice as to i have never seen it IRL, but the price is just fab for an everyday bag with no worries.

what color blue was it?

hmmm- it was a light blue with almost a periwinkle hue. I don't know the actual color:smile:

doulosforhim said:

what color blue was it?

Thanks for that info! I got a chocolate brown from BG last week and simply ADORE it! The leather is soft and buttery and just fabulous!! I have to call tomorrow and ask what other colors are in stock. Did you happen to find out? I really want the style with the outside pockets. :love: :love: :love:

Please let us know how you like your bag - if the leather is anything like my choco you will be petting it for days. :biggrin:

She told me to call her this week to check in. I phoned last week and she was having some difficulty getting them in. She was expecting a call from the rep shortly. I certainly hope I am not over this by the time I hear from her.

I was able to get a hold of Toni from Balissimo last Sunday (March 12th). She's expecting a shipment in a week (she said it was supposed to come in already, but...), she has 30+ people wanting a GD! Asked her how many orders she will be able to fill, she said she will fill them all and some extra.

:amazed: Daisy! Amazed to see you in this thread, LOL!! :lol: Next time you go shopping, see if NM or Saks is carrying GD.

I just got off the phone with BG (store in NYC) and they did not receive a new shipment and are not sure when it is due to come in.

My chocolate bag was a return and I suspect that black one posted earlier in this thread was too. S/A's don't like to use the word return for fear of scaring us away so they tell us a new shipment just came in. My S/A said the same thing when she sold me the chocolate. I knew it was a return because a Purse Forum member had recently sent hers back! :lol:

roey said:
:amazed: Daisy! Amazed to see you in this thread, LOL!! :lol: Next time you go shopping, see if NM or Saks is carrying GD.

I just got off the phone with BG (store in NYC) and they did not receive a new shipment and are not sure when it is due to come in.

My chocolate bag was a return and I suspect that black one posted earlier in this thread was too. S/A's don't like to use the word return for fear of scaring us away so they tell us a new shipment just came in. My S/A said the same thing when she sold me the chocolate. I knew it was a return because a Purse Forum member had recently sent hers back! :lol:

You probably got the bag I "returned"--it just took awhile since it was being sent from NM in San Diego to BG in NY :smile: Don't worry--the bag was in PERFECT condition when I returned it. I didn't even try it on much :lol: Just decided to use the money towards something else. But congrats on a great bag!

Daisy said:
Roey, I think I told you that I did ask last time and NM was totally clueless.

Hi Daisy,

I didn't do an all out search... But NM catalog recently had the GD in either gold or silver metallic... Not sure if you're even interested, but I think the price was $325. I posted the catalog info on another thread on GD. Do a search and you should find it pretty easily. Other than that, only BG carries GD for the time being.