Gerard Darel sightings in NYC

1. Just got back from NYC and saw some GD charlotte bags. BG has 2 in the blue.I found a boutique on 5th at W45th street called The Look. They carried a lot of french bags/clothing. They had the GD in blue,black,white,and choco brown. The leather was smooth in all of them excepth the choco was a littled pebbled. The price at this boutique was $298!! I would have bought one but I bought a cognac spy and that sorta shot the funds:biggrin:

2. Wow, PGN, thanks for the update!

3. 298? that is a great price. thanks for the update. i actually got a call last night from BG, they finally received their shipment and the SA is sending me one in black. i hope is nice as to i have never seen it IRL, but the price is just fab for an everyday bag with no worries.

what color blue was it?

4. hmmm- it was a light blue with almost a periwinkle hue. I don't know the actual color:smile:

5. Thanks for that info! I got a chocolate brown from BG last week and simply ADORE it! The leather is soft and buttery and just fabulous!! I have to call tomorrow and ask what other colors are in stock. Did you happen to find out? I really want the style with the outside pockets. :love: :love: :love:

Please let us know how you like your bag - if the leather is anything like my choco you will be petting it for days. :biggrin:

6. I guess BG didn't get the tan in, as I still haven't heard from them. But I'll check out this other boutique.

7. Has anybody heard from balissimo? I have to call her today and see what the story is!

8. She told me to call her this week to check in. I phoned last week and she was having some difficulty getting them in. She was expecting a call from the rep shortly. I certainly hope I am not over this by the time I hear from her.

9. I haven't heard a thing from Balissimo either. I've pretty much given up on the Darel bag. :sad:

10. ROEY... you'll be interested to know that the leather on this bag has reeled me in! The pics of that buttery leather are killing me.

11. I was able to get a hold of Toni from Balissimo last Sunday (March 12th). She's expecting a shipment in a week (she said it was supposed to come in already, but...), she has 30+ people wanting a GD! Asked her how many orders she will be able to fill, she said she will fill them all and some extra.

12. :amazed: Daisy! Amazed to see you in this thread, LOL!! :lol: Next time you go shopping, see if NM or Saks is carrying GD.

I just got off the phone with BG (store in NYC) and they did not receive a new shipment and are not sure when it is due to come in.

My chocolate bag was a return and I suspect that black one posted earlier in this thread was too. S/A's don't like to use the word return for fear of scaring us away so they tell us a new shipment just came in. My S/A said the same thing when she sold me the chocolate. I knew it was a return because a Purse Forum member had recently sent hers back! :lol:

13. Roey, I think I told you that I did ask last time and NM was totally clueless.

14. You probably got the bag I "returned"--it just took awhile since it was being sent from NM in San Diego to BG in NY :smile: Don't worry--the bag was in PERFECT condition when I returned it. I didn't even try it on much :lol: Just decided to use the money towards something else. But congrats on a great bag!

15. Hi Daisy,

I didn't do an all out search... But NM catalog recently had the GD in either gold or silver metallic... Not sure if you're even interested, but I think the price was $325. I posted the catalog info on another thread on GD. Do a search and you should find it pretty easily. Other than that, only BG carries GD for the time being.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice