Gerard Darel Handbags....

Hey purse..What's the status of the two handbags that you ordered from Rumor?
Please don't say I told you so! As of today, it's been 8 weeks since I ordered and absolutely no sign of either bag. Can you believe it? (I'm sure you can actually.) I'm thinking of filing a BBB report too, but it probably won't make any difference. Every week, I still get told "it's in customs". How many godd@@@ days does it take to get through customs? I've ordered Jimmy Choo bags from boutiques overseas before and they're in my hands within 3 days. It's insane. Anooshka had the nerve to tell me "it'll be worth the wait" whenever the heck I get them. At this rate, they should have diamonds sewn in in order to make it worth the wait. As always, my money has been in their pockets for 8 weeks now. They're a sham. I'm not sure what to do. I really want these stupid bags but I've had about enough. I'm probably going to file a CC complaint if I don't get them this week. Enough already. Okay, sorry, rant over.

Please don't say I told you so! As of today, it's been 8 weeks since I ordered and absolutely no sign of either bag. Can you believe it? (I'm sure you can actually.) I'm thinking of filing a BBB report too, but it probably won't make any difference. Every week, I still get told "it's in customs". How many godd@@@ days does it take to get through customs? I've ordered Jimmy Choo bags from boutiques overseas before and they're in my hands within 3 days. It's insane. Anooshka had the nerve to tell me "it'll be worth the wait" whenever the heck I get them. At this rate, they should have diamonds sewn in in order to make it worth the wait. As always, my money has been in their pockets for 8 weeks now. They're a sham. I'm not sure what to do. I really want these stupid bags but I've had about enough. I'm probably going to file a CC complaint if I don't get them this week. Enough already. Okay, sorry, rant over.

Just a thought here...I know that on the back of some CC statements, it says if there is a problem, you need to report in within 60 days. Is this a statement error problem, or a purchase that you have a problem with? I am thinking the first....but if it is indeed the second, you may want to file a claim ASAP.

Eight weeks is absolutely ridiculous! :cursing: :tdown:

No way am I going to EVER buy anything there again. I'm also going to file a complaint with the BBB. I'm sure none of it will make any difference. I'm debating getting my father in law involved. Maybe a letter from his legal firm will help?

Bag, whatever happened with your fiasco? I don't remember!

I finally received a full refund!!!:yahoo::yahoo: She had several other styles of GD bags in stock, but I felt it best to leave well enough alone and look elsewhere. I haven't done that yet because my sis gifted me the brown 48 hour she had previously purchased from me but never carried. Funny thing.....it still sitting uncarried in my closet. I had thought of ebaying it in order to buy one from Delcina, but I can't quite make up my mind.

Bag, I am thrilled you received the full refund. :yes: How long did it take from beginning to end?

I only have my 24 hour bag in black. At this point, I don't desire any other styles. Which one(s) are you considering this time? Why haven't you used the 48 hour? Is it big?

Oh no...you poor dear! I would never say that I told you so....instead, I want to tell you how sorry I am. Please someone .....please, please help me to understand how this ...this woman is still in business because I just don't get it!!!!!!:cursing: What gives with her? You may recall that my bag was tied up in customs for about the same amount of time and then it finally arrived! I had just shot off a not too friendly email to her when I received a phone call hours later telling me that my gorgeous bag was there. She claimed to have it in her hands and was describing the detail and the beauty of the leather.....she also promised to have it in the mail that afternoon. Welllllllllllllllllll....a week later, I again found myself contacting her about the whereabouts of my bag only to be told that she had made a mistake. The bag she received belonged to another customer ..not me!!!!!!!:cursing::wtf: Lies...Lies...Lies....Lies.....that's all that ever comes from that woman's mouth...seriously! That's when I decided that I didn't want anything else to do with her and demanded a full refund. I can't recall how long that took, but she took her precious time...I assure you. She's hopeless. Purse....there are a number of tPFers who've been screwed by Anooshka...what if we all wrote to the BBB in your behalf...would that help? What if the bags finally arrived and are flawed in some way....what then? OMG...this is awful.

^That's what I'm worried about! If they ever magically appear, I'm sure they'll have something wrong with them. I really don't know how she stays in business. Funny thing is...last time I spoke with them I informed her her website stated 3-4 weeks after delivery for the Utah bag and now it's conveniently been changed to 4-6 weeks!

Bag, I am thrilled you received the full refund. :yes: How long did it take from beginning to end?

I only have my 24 hour bag in black. At this point, I don't desire any other styles. Which one(s) are you considering this time? Why haven't you used the 48 hour? Is it big?

The fiasco started in August when I bought the down-market bag from her and was only permitted a store credit when I returned it. In October, I ordered the GD Working Girl Havana, paying the difference in price between the two. I received a full refund in late December. IMO, that's unacceptable. As to why I haven't carried my GD bag...I don't know. I haven't carried most of the bags in my closets. It is a rather large bag, and I have quite a few large bags that are similar in style...Gustto bacas and Mike & Chris hobos. Because I'm only 5'2", it's a bit big for me even though I love the larger bags. Here's a couple of pics....

dscn2253ig8.jpg

dscn2252cv0.jpg

Gosh girls, this is crazy!

Purse: Same here, when I ordered my bag, it stated 2-3 weeks then just days later it was changed to 3-4 weeks (I finally got it a month & a half later:rolleyes:)

As far as the CC dispute- I ordered the bag in October, after waiting all that time I had to send it back because it was damaged, then got the run around from Anooshka (well she completely ignored me for months) & finally filed my dispute in January. I had no problems with Citibank handling my claim after all that time. It might be different for other CC companies though. Just call them or check the website, I'm sure you could find out.

Please, all of you that have gotten cheated or horrendous service by shoprumor- Please file a BBB report. There is strength in numbers! And although it probably won't resolve anything (it didn't in my case) it will go on her record with the BBB & future potential customers can see how they do business. Hopefully we can inform people so they can spend their money with stores that actually respect customers-:tup:

Bag- congrats on the refund! Glad you can put this all behind you:yes:

^That's what I'm worried about! If they ever magically appear, I'm sure they'll have something wrong with them. I really don't know how she stays in business. Funny thing is...last time I spoke with them I informed her her website stated 3-4 weeks after delivery for the Utah bag and now it's conveniently been changed to 4-6 weeks!

Purse...you need to file a claim immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't trust her. My biggest fear for you now is that the bags arrive with noticeable flaws and then a whole new fight begins! I too want a new GD, but I'm not willing to deal with her ever again and I'm still afraid of buying from Delcina for fear I'll be shipped a down-market bag. I just had a thought.....I have two very good friends who live in Australia...hmmm...wondering if they would be able to buy GD bags there at a reasonable price that they could ship to me? I'm sure they wouldn't mind, but I wonder how expensive that would be.

Gosh girls, this is crazy!

Purse: Same here, when I ordered my bag, it stated 2-3 weeks then just days later it was changed to 3-4 weeks (I finally got it a month & a half later:rolleyes:)

As far as the CC dispute- I ordered the bag in October, after waiting all that time I had to send it back because it was damaged, then got the run around from Anooshka (well she completely ignored me for months) & finally filed my dispute in January. I had no problems with Citibank handling my claim after all that time. It might be different for other CC companies though. Just call them or check the website, I'm sure you could find out.

Please, all you that have gotten cheated by shoprumor- Please file a BBB report. There is strength in numbers! And although it probably won't resolve anything (it didn't in my case) it will go on her record with the BBB & future potential customers can see how they do business. Hopefully we can inform people so they can spend their money with stores that actually respect customers-:tup:

Bag- congrats on the refund! Glad you can put this all behind you:yes:

Thanks acegirl....boy, was I relieved! ITA that all those who lived through the "Rumor" nightmare should contact the BBB! I will certainly do that....although, I think that I did that already! I'll have to check my files.

Bag, I'm 5 '2" also so I can understand your concern about carrying a big bag.

I have family visiting and I just gave my future SIL (my husband's brother's fiance) 2 bags- a Gustto Baca and a Kale bag. I had been trying to sell the Baca in the MarketPlaza but no takers. It really bothers me when I have unused bags in my closet.

OMG, I'm livid!:cursing: I just checked the BBB rating for shoprumor & it went UP?!! to a 'CC' from a 'D'. In addition, they counted my complaint as "refund granted" even though they NEVER gave me a refund- my CC company gave me a credit when I filed the dispute.. How can this happen when the BBB is there to protect consumers?! GRRRRR.