Gerard Darel Camel - Keeper?

Melissa71 said:
I think it's beautiful. The size and shape is perfect! Is there anywhere to get them in the US? The leather looks so soft. Mmmm!

Melissa, do a 'Search' on this forum for Gerard Darel, you will find all the info you need to get it in the US plus many pictures.

Hey, Darelgirl, thanks for the pics. Mine is not that shiny, maybe it's the flash, but it is a little shinnier than yours. BUT it's the same vintage touch i.e. can make scratches easily and then when you rub it, it disappears. I think it's the same bag, camel, maybe they are made with different batches of camel leather therefore different effect. Mine looks duller than yours though. Is your bag the same colour as it is on your picture?
Mine is darker in real life. My hubby really likes it, he said he prefers it like this than the brighter camel...but you know how men are with differentiating colours.

Attachments

• GDCamel4.JPG
    GDCamel4.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 53
  • GDCamel5.JPG
    GDCamel5.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 81
KK said:
Hey, Darelgirl, thanks for the pics. Mine is not that shiny, maybe it's the flash, but it is a little shinnier than yours. BUT it's the same vintage touch i.e. can make scratches easily and then when you rub it, it disappears. I think it's the same bag, camel, maybe they are made with different batches of camel leather therefore different effect. Mine looks duller than yours though. Is your bag the same colour as it is on your picture?
Mine is darker in real life. My hubby really likes it, he said he prefers it like this than the brighter camel...but you know how men are with differentiating colours.

The colour of my charlotte is almost exactly as shown in my second pic!!!
KK, why are you having thoughts about your bag? I think its more than beautiful! Did you expect something else of it???

(Don't give it away:cry: )

wickedassin said:
I got the GD in chocolate brown from BG in NYC. I would have much rather had it in camel... I ended up returning the chocolate brown--it was nice, but kinda "blah." Plus it sorta looked like Kenneth Cole bags that are out there in the same color, but for 1/2 the cost.

That camel is REALLY nice! Where'd you get yours--now I'm thinking I could really use that purse! Too bad I don't still have mine--we could have traded! lol.

Out of curiousity, which Kenneth Cole does it resemble?

Thank you for all your reassurance. I don't mean to be indecisive (really embarrassed), I love the bag for it's elegant simple design, it's soft (but not thin) leather and the craftmanship and the price of course. The only thing I have doubt is the colour just because it is not as I expected it to be. My DH said it's fine, he likes it but I guess I just have a mental block. The colour IRL is a little darker than it appears in the pics, so I tried to take some more without flash and next to an orange bag so you can see the difference.

And now that I have a closer look at darelgirl's camel, I agree that her is more vintage looking, more matt (i love it). But I still think that it's the same bag same colour, they are just made from different batches of camel leather.

LOL :lol: amanda, I understand you might not feel a thing towards this bag, as I responded to your same comment in another GD thread, bag is a personal thing just like anything else, that's what makes the world fun. Everyone who's got this bag is really happy with it. Which Kencole bag were you referring to? I'd incline to say that it's inspired by the GD charlotte then, just like some of their other bags, nevertheless still very nice bags.

Attachments

• GDCamel7.JPG
    GDCamel7.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 95