Gerard Darel 24 need advise

sndc99

I work to buy Purses
O.G.
Apr 3, 2006
Vancouver WA
I just got a Gerard Darel 24:yahoo: and I need some advise. I have done a search but not got much info on what I need. I knowthey are not big here in the United States but maybe the people who do can help me. It is a wonderful leather and I'm happy with the bag. The handles are a tad stiff but the rest is very soft. I need to know how it does in the rain and will it get even softer and better with use. I love how understated it is. I'm really glad I bought it. So any advise on it would help. It didn't come with a care card like so many bags do. It says it's calf leather.

I wish spring would just happen so I could carry my bag. I live in the Portland OR area and it rains a lot this time of year and I don't want to ruin the bag. I really hope the handles soften up...any thoughts on that? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Janinevs

O.G.
Feb 4, 2007
The handles do soften up. I saw this on my sister's. She uses hers way more than I use mine and her bag, including the handles, is so much smooshier than mine. I'm not sure about rain, but I don't protect my bags so I'm especially carefull.

sndc99

I work to buy Purses
O.G.
Apr 3, 2006
Vancouver WA
I'm glad to hear that they do soften....I don't use bags in the rain if it will ruin them but I really hate changing bags all the time. I don't spray mine either....maybe I need too. thanks for the input

heather123

Nov 13, 2006
IRELAND
I've had a GD 24 Heures for over a year and it's still in perfect condition. Mine is also lambskin and brilliantly hard-wearing. I've heard other ladies saying that they're great in rain (ie don't get damaged). I'd agree with this. I live in Ireland where there's loads of rain and the GD is fantastic. Mine is now beautifully soft.