Genuine Bayswater with NO 'Made in' label?

Marilla

Jul 22, 2012
Was helping a friend to clear out her spare room today and came across a Bayswater she bought some years back from the Shepton Mallett factory shop (she still had the receipt in the pocket so she definitely wasn't mistaken) We were checking it over for condition etc and I noticed there's NO little black 'made in' label anywhere - just a tiny leather label in the same colour as the bag sewn into the lining in the corner with two tiny numbers or letters which I couldn't see properly.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening with an outlet bag? Maybe because it's a second or something? It must be authentic as it's from the Mulberry factory shop, but very strange that there's no 'made in' label ??

MiniMabel

O.G.
Mar 7, 2009
Hi Marilla - yes, some of the bags made specifically for the outlets had a small leather label. Also, some of the older bags.

I hope this helps!

:smile:

lanietea

Jul 20, 2017
This is so interesting because I just bought a small zipped Bayswater from a Mulberry boutique, and it doesn't have a "made in" tag or a serial number anywhere either! Does anyone know if this is the case for the newer models of Mulberry bags???

lanietea

Jul 20, 2017
Yes. The new range doesn't have the numbered tags but my bays does have a made in label in the zipped pocket.
I can't seem to find a tag anywhere in the bag. Nothing except some random stickers on the inside pocket.

madmadmo

O.G.
Oct 26, 2009
Nottingham
I can't seem to find a tag anywhere in the bag. Nothing except some random stickers on the inside pocket.
Unfortunately I haven't got a zipped bays but my chiltern also has one in the zipped pocket. Maybe someone will come along who owns one and say yes it has one or no they don't.