Genghis and Jeanne: The Paris Raid and Reveal?

With flash:

I find this Matte quite shiny despite being supposedly muted. JM and I discussed about glazed vs. Matte. I found the Matte to be more casual and utilitarian.

I find that my violet poro appears to be semi-matte although it is supposed to be shiny!!!!! Shiny croc appears glossiest in black, and I think likewise, among the matt croc, black has the best sheen. I like the sheen in your croc, it looks like the bag has developed a patina....

Excuse my foot :lol: This time I was spared the stress of getting into the crowds of H shoppers unlike the fellows in the TV background:

bed.jpg

OMG, she is quite stunning! what a gorgeous bag! :yahoo::yahoo:

congratulations!

It was to be my last night in Paris for the next few months. I had to meet JM who was one of TPF sisters who encouraged me to get her. The other sister was angel who has so far unveiled her beautiful Saffron Croc.

JM took me to FSH to meet her SA. Her SA was most amusing. He said there was a guy who came in for an HAC. The reason was that the lad wanted to meet more girls and thought getting a conversation-starter Birkin would do the trick :lol:

To make things more surreal, I was mistaken for being German by someone. Either I was mistaken for being "Alma" or "Allemande." :roflmao:

Some news: Prices have gone up as much as 12% :crybaby: I was looking for a Karo but the SA they are discontinued?! There are some Karos in H stores throughout the world, but I suppose Karo owners are encouraged to love their darlings as much as possible.

Of course, I had to take the Empress out to dinner with Jeanne Moreau, the great legend.

We ended up in an Art Deco restaurant. It was a fantastic evening. Until a crazy old lady (probably on the wrong medication) started convulsing obscenities. We were quite embarrassed for the young man who accompanied her.

jeanne.jpg

Crazy old lady (left of pink arrow):

crazyoldlady.jpg

artdeco.jpg

ceilingchandelier.jpg

moredeco.jpg

I also really wanted to share - we saw an actual lady purchasing a diamond Saffron 35cm Croc after turning down the Fuschia one! It was the first time I saw a lady buy a diamond croc! :wtf:

Towards the end of the evening JM drove the Empress and me back to the hotel. The Champs were so beautiful with the blue streetlights. It was red streetlights on Avenue Matignon.

rainingblue.jpg

I've seen many impressive, eye-opening scenes during this trip, but I was most impressed this: :lol:

parismonument.jpg

This garage is JM's preferred garage of choice. :roflmfao: This garage is impressive indeed. The background music is Classical which plays all day. This garage is also perfumed which is changed daily. The perfume of the day was Pamplemousse :lol:

JM is really like the Parisian sister I never had. On my last morning she offered to take me around. At my request we ventured to visit Avenue Matignon to look at Art Deco furniture, my dream. I never had the guts to in, but since I was young, I always stared into this shop's windows. It was out of this world. The SA was so kind and even gave us a brochure about the pieces. She gave us a mini-tour of her exquisite antique store and explained to us the history, the materials, and the background of the pieces. We saw a very special transitional piece that marked Art Nouveau and Art Deco. It was 200,000 EUROS :nuts: No, I'm not financially there yet ;) But we both concluded that we'd prefer this piece over a diamond croc any day. As incredible as H is, life has so much more to offer us.

And so does Paris.

The End

end.jpg

Oh.

Oh my.

I am still very much in awe. I just had a very disturbing phone call from a sweet, and very gentle BJ Kelly. She said she has been in a beautiful chair, in a gorgeous little hotel, staring at one of the most beautiful bags that ever did an Hermes craftsmen make.

She's all excited, if not a bit green with envy over this sophisticated lady that has walked in her life. I understand now why, oh T, she's like a celestial Birkin, and quite breathtaking.

I'd say congratulations, but it's a bit redundent now. Instead, I'll remind you to remember to breathe, and I'll try to remember myself.