Generously proportioned Joel?

TrashedBride

per aspera ad astra
O.G.
May 27, 2009
Hello lovelies!
I wonder if anyone can tell me whether or not I've imagined that the following exists.... I'm sure(ish) that I recall seeing somewhere a larger version of Joel, called Ridley or something? I've come to the conclusion that Joel's just too small for me, but I love the style, so a big one (ooER!) would be perfect. Also, I'm thinking the added capacity would help with the pointy corner syndrome with which poor Joel suffers :biggrin:
Can anyone advise?Does anyone have one? Are they pretty rare (if they exist at all!)?
Thankies!

I remember that there was a Ridley up for authentication back around March or so, but the link would have expired by now. It was described by the authenticator as a large-sized Joel so... you're right, TB, they do exist somewhere other than your imagination!

I've always been tempted by Joel, and more so, now that the poor boy has been discontinued. What's this pointy corner syndrome? Sounds a bit unattractive or? Do his corners look extra pointy when he's stuffed?

Last edited:
Yes, there was a Ridley at one time. I saw one irl once and thought it looked nice, though it did still suffer from pointy corner syndrome.

Both Joel and Ridley are completely flat when empty, no depth at all, so as soon as you put anything inside them they look a bit bulky and awkward. Seth suffers from this a bit as well, while Antony doesn't have this problem thanks to the albeit small depth.

Thank you (and hello ladies!), good to know I wasn't going mad (though some might say that happened years ago :biggrin:).
After years of not getting on with messengers I acquired a Seth a few months back, and am SO turned around on them - it's all about the proportions for me it seems; the smaller ones I'd had in the past (Joel, Ant) weren't right for my 'ample' shape. Seth is much better - plus I can carry more in him! I've used him as my day bag every day since August and the hands-free aspect is liberating, plus I've had more compliments about him than any of my other bags. Klp, he is a bit pointy (Indiana, it's a bit of an 'overstuffed pillow' effect!), but nowhere near as much as Joel - he was used so I think the fact the leather's softened helps with that.
I'm going to keep my eyes open for a Ridley - would love to know if anyone has one here for size comparison with Joel (and so I can drool!)