Generally how much to repair a wallet

radishhb

O.G.
Apr 17, 2007
NJ, USA
my BV zippy wallet cracked at the edges and I plan to send it back to BV. Before I do that, I would like to be here, the beloved TPF, to get some idea: how much generally does it cost to repair one wallet? TIA

annie9999

O.G.
Feb 22, 2007
i am sorry about the wallet and sorry that i have no idea as to the cost. i had a bag repaired- i didn't get charged- and the repair was perfect. so no worries- your wallet will be as good as new.

indiaink

Eh
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
my BV zippy wallet cracked at the edges and I plan to send it back to BV. Before I do that, I would like to be here, the beloved TPF, to get some idea: how much generally does it cost to repair one wallet? TIA
Contact Sydney Richards at 'sydney.richards @ us.bottegaveneta.com', the best CS ever - she's at BV NYC, and coordinates repairs. You can also call her at 212-271-5511.

I've sent things to her before. I've not been charged, as the problem was the fault of BV. See what she has to say.

radishhb

O.G.
Apr 17, 2007
NJ, USA
I took the wallet to fifth Ave BV boutique, and the estimation is $290! So I gave up. The wear and tear are around the corner. I think it's expensive to spend $290 to repair it, because it cost me $300 sth. when I bought it in the outlet. But it is still a pain to see the beauty died :sad: Any other way to repair it with less cost?

radishhb

O.G.
Apr 17, 2007
NJ, USA
Reading some posts that even changing the bag lining is only $250, so I think $290 is really too expensive to repair the cracking corners. And the sales said that it may not be possible to fix it anyway, because the color is special color

septembersiren

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 28, 2009
Margate, NJ
well you may have only paid $300 at the outlet but the wallet probably retailed for more that $600 to begin with
I don't think BV's repair and cleaning pricing is unreasonable

lkweh

Mar 14, 2012
Bay Area, CA
May be call another SA? I asked how much it's for cleaning and my SA said $20. The only thing is it'd take two months.

garethlewis

Aug 9, 2012
buy some fieblings edge kote in a matching or similar colour and some cotton wool buds and do it yourself.