General Question, Yes or No?

i like the idea of getting " peice of shiny leather and staring at it"..lol,,,

Honestly, I have some bags that I have not pulle out in over a year, i.e. Bordeaux Miranda, Legacy Flap 07 etc. but that doesnt mean i am gonna get rid of them. I keep all my bags and they all still look "brand new WOT" ... but I would never sell them. I think i adopted them and they are a part of me and my "identity" (if that makes any sense). Just knowing that they are with me makes me happy, but then again, maybe COACHMOMMYOFMIN is right, just get peices of leather the same colors and stare at them on my shelf. LOL non the less, i do think each person has to make a choice based on their current situation (factoring in the whole economical situation). I will sell my jewlery before i would sell my bags..

coachmommy - Just yesterday I was in coach and that silver sabrina was my favorite bag ever. The SA talked me into a more practical bag that I loved as well. She said silver sabrina was delicate and I would not use it as much. I am glad I got the other bag - I love it and will wear it ALOT - BUT I am dreaming about the bag you have. Even though I will not wear it everyday - I just LOVE it! I am concerned about the $ too - esp in this economy. So I guess if you have to charge it and can't pay for it right away - maybe it should go back. but if you can pay for it and love it as much as I do - I would keep it.

I would lose it. I hate having excessive things that I barely / don't use (even if gorgeous!), I'd rather return or sell so it goes to someone that would appreciate and use more often =)

If it truly is a HG bag then you would not be having these thoughts/doubts.
It is probably not the most practical bag given that you have a 2 year old but you liked it enough to get it so what has changed your thinking since you bought it?

Keep it for a little while longer and take your time deciding.
I also think that this bag will be hard to find later on down the line.
Good luck deciding...

If you have bags sitting around not in use its wasted space. Sell them and let someone else enjoy them! I did and its a relief looking in my closet.

I personally enjoy 1 or 2 bags in heavy rotation lol.

It depends on the person. Some people feel that it's insane not to use a bag frequently, and other people (like myself), think it's insane to use the same bag a lot and would not get rid of a holy grail bag as long as that person still feels it's a holy grail and would carry it eventually. So nobody can really answer this question for you, but you. What's "insane" to one person is not "insane" to another...nothing wrong with that!

So... It really depends on you and how you view your bags. If it's just tying up money and you're afraid to ever use it, then there's probably no reason to keep it. If you are using it sparingly to preserve it and/or for special occasions, I see nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I LOVE the fact I have a ton of bags because that means none of my bags get much wear and tear...I rotate almost daily. That is one advantage for doing that, and I don't consider my bags as obstacles that just tie up my money.

^ITA!^ I love my bags and some don't even get used for months and I love them all. Since I've catalogued them, I know exactly where they are and I am looking forward to carrying them later on in the year. For me having more than a few bags is great--lots of variety and potential outfits to choose from. It just makes each day much more interesting.

I usually don't keep what I don't use on a semi-regular rotation. I got sucked into that last year and ened up with a bunch of bags sitting in my closet. I'd lose it.

I don't know -- one or twice a month means you're using it. Plus, the way you talk about it, you obviously LOVE her. :smile: If it were just sitting in your closet and not being used, I'd say lose her, but to me, feeling extra special twice a month (24 times a year!) because you're using a bag you love is worth it. Every woman should get to feel like a princess once or twice a month, right? :smile:

After 15 years of marriage, I only use my husband once or twice a month, and I still keep him . . .

I don't know -- one or twice a month means you're using it. Plus, the way you talk about it, you obviously LOVE her. :smile: If it were just sitting in your closet and not being used, I'd say lose her, but to me, feeling extra special twice a month (24 times a year!) because you're using a bag you love is worth it. Every woman should get to feel like a princess once or twice a month, right? :smile:

After 15 years of marriage, I only use my husband once or twice a month, and I still keep him . . .

:roflmfao: Love this post! And I totally agree, too. I have very precious bags that I sometimes use very rarely, but I could never part with them. If you have the money for the bag without bills going unpaid, then you should keep it. There is more to life than practical considerations!

It sounds like you are having doubts about the bag, not because you don't like it, but because the cost isn't justifying how much you would actually be using it. If I had that bag for $200 or less, I wouldn't be second-guessing it, but obviously that is not the case. I would suggest buying the accesories instead? Or perhaps the hobo style, which is less expensive, so that you have some things in the silver color.

If I had a bag and used it only once or twice a month I would definitely lose the bag... TBH, if I had my HG bag, I know that it would be used more than once/twice anyways because then whats the point of having a HG bag if you don't use it, KWIM, so I would definitely get rid of any bag of mine that I don't use often, that is why my collection has slimmed down dramatically because I refuse to keep bags I don't use anymore...

Exactly what Coachgirl12 said!!! But, I have a sm/med cranberry Sabrina and i have kids and it rains here in NJ too, and I still am fine using it for a week at a time or so - it wears really well. Let us know what you decide.