General question about Chanel screws

B4GBuff

Feb 1, 2019
This isn't an authentication request or about any specific bag. I just have noticed after parousing resale sites that some newer bags usually 2017 onwards it seems some have screws I didn't think were used on leather bags. I always knew Chanel used - mostly and never + and that sometimes hex screws were used. But I read that star shaped (6 pointed) were only used on hard bags like plastic. But I have seen several now with star shaped screws on leather bags. On reputable resale sites... So I guess my question is are Chanel using star shaped as in the attached pic on some leather bags now or should we be leery when seeing this?? Note: These are just a quick google search images for examples... Not bags I am trying to authenticate....

Screenshot_20201219-031918_Chrome.jpg
On a leather flap bag

Screenshot_20201218-125650_Chrome~2.jpg
On a boy bag...

Last edited:
I have just purchased a brand new medium classic flap from a London Chanel boutique and it has the star shaped screws. I was surprised and did not notice until I got it home but I think they now use both types on the classic flaps. It has the new chip too of course.

Reactions: lolasparks
I have just purchased a brand new medium classic flap from a London Chanel boutique and it has the star shaped screws. I was surprised and did not notice until I got it home but I think they now use both types on the classic flaps. It has the new chip too of course.
Me too a month ago I purchased a medium cf in Singapore Chanel boutique and recently just realised the screws are different from the usual ones , instead are 6 pointers stars , is this normal ?