General Chanel Handbag Question!

caitvee

Feb 25, 2012
Hello all!
General question, as it seems it's hard to find the different styles, sizes, types and prices on the Chanel website. I am about to make an 'investment' purchase in a day to day black leather bag, and just immediately went to Louis Vuitton, knowing I can get a decent leather bag around $3K. That said, a chanel bag is my dream bag, but I've never pulled the trigger because I assumed they were $5-7K and just not what I want to spend on a purse at this moment in my career.

That said, I really don't know the differences in cost of a medium classic flap bag vs. the boy bag style (which I love, especially the one with a top handle), what size is big enough for day to day but small enough to take out to dinner/drinks, etc. I'd love just a general opinion and advice from Chanel owners if you don't mind! Is it worth shelling out a little more for something more timeless?

Thank you.

Old Medium Boy Bags start at $4,700 (the ones with the top handle are a bit more..$5,200 I think). Medium Classic Flap is $4,900. As much as I love my Boys, for a "one and only" Chanel bag for day to night wear, I prefer the Classic Flap. If Chanel is what you really want, don't settle for LV....keep saving! GLD!

Reactions: Plumeria233
You'll want to reach out to Chanel Customer Service and see if they can hunt one down for you! Here is the style number A92992Y60972
I was told this was the last red one in the system. Good luck! I really do love it! [emoji173]

Reactions: Sparkletastic
OH MY GOD THAT BAG IS STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

Sold sold sold. See ya later LV haha!
Hahaha take a look at the photos on forum on the different sizes it comes in or try one on if you can. They do sell out quick as quite a popular style. I have it in small size and find it fits a my stuff and I like the proportion of that size on me, but I don't carry much. There are total 4 sizes (mini, small, medium, large) so you should look first to see right size for you.

Reactions: KBT39
You'll want to reach out to Chanel Customer Service and see if they can hunt one down for you! Here is the style number A92992Y60972
I was told this was the last red one in the system. Good luck! I really do love it! [emoji173]

It's the perfect red. After an obvious black first bag I would love red like that. Amazing!

It's the perfect red. After an obvious black first bag I would love red like that. Amazing!
Yea it's my first red bag! I totally intended to grab black even though I already have several black bags but couldn't pass on this beauty! Good reds or what I think are good reds (that perfect blue-red, no pink, purple, brown or orange undertones) are hard to come by!
Now I want another in black or navy! ;)

Hahaha take a look at the photos on forum on the different sizes it comes in or try one on if you can. They do sell out quick as quite a popular style. I have it in small size and find it fits a my stuff and I like the proportion of that size on me, but I don't carry much. There are total 4 sizes (mini, small, medium, large) so you should look first to see right size for you.

Good to know! I will start doing my research!

Yea it's my first red bag! I totally intended to grab black even though I already have several black bags but couldn't pass on this beauty! Good reds or what I think are good reds (that perfect blue-red, no pink, purple, brown or orange undertones) are hard to come by!
Now I want another in black or navy! ;)

100% agree. In bags and lipsticks IMO.

Navy w gold would be stunning

After doing some digging, I just found this, and it's entirely in my price range and what I was looking for... ahh this is exciting. http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion...ndle-grained.16K.A93608Y6100394305.c.16K.html

I also went to the boutique looking for that style, but found out that is now last season. It is being replaced by this:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion...ndle-grained.17P.A93608Y613453B353.c.17P.html

For me I passed on the new version, because it was pretty bulky in person. Since it's roomy, it can fit a lot, which = heavy. Also, I didn't like how they reversed the quilting.

Good luck in your search! [emoji8]

I also went to the boutique looking for that style, but found out that is now last season. It is being replaced by this:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion...ndle-grained.17P.A93608Y613453B353.c.17P.html

For me I passed on the new version, because it was pretty bulky in person. Since it's roomy, it can fit a lot, which = heavy. Also, I didn't like how they reversed the quilting.

Good luck in your search! [emoji8]

Good to know! I shot them an email so I'll see what they say. I'll likely make it a birthday present to myself (which is in March) so I'll evaluate the options then! You all have been so helpful it's much appreciated.