general advise on new shoes for wide-ish feet

poulinska

Aug 27, 2018
So: I had two bunion surgeries and my feet are looking good now. They still are no princess-feet, which means my feet are normal but not thin.
Looking at stylish women, they all wear pumps, pointed and very high (i.e. Chase Amie). I am wearing mostly sneakers now which leads to a casual style, no matter what I wear. Also I don't want to wear sneakers all the time for instance when I'm wearing nice purses.
After seeing my doctor in valentino rockstud ballerinas I thought, there must be a solution. What would be your advise on elegant shoes, preferably from an nice label that you can wear without princess-feet?
Thanks in advance!

I also have wide feet with hereditary bunions, and young kids to run after, so most days I wear sneakers. I find that flat or low ankle boots are the best shoes for being comfortable while still looking polished, even in the evening.

They are overdone but I still wear both the Gucci and Sam Edelman loafers as the leather is soft and accommodating. I also like flats with an ankle strap so I can go up half a size.

Reactions: poulinska
I actually have the opposite problem - narrow feet. I stick with retailers and brands that normally make a the Narrow width. My sister has Wide feet and does the same thing. Take some time in the shoe section and try various brands/styles. Identify a couple of brands that feel great and have a range of styles. My sister and I always shop at Nordstrom and get the same style shoes in different widths! Good Luck!

I have wider feet due to bunions, but the heels are narrow. Finding shoes has always been a challenge. I discovered that Cole Haan and Stuart Weitzman work well for me. I like Nordstrom wide/comfort section. Unfortunately, none of the high end fit well, so I don’t spend money on them. I have several pairs of Chanels, CL, Manolos from past life lol.

Reactions: TravelingHandyWoman
I have wider feet due to bunions, but the heels are narrow. Finding shoes has always been a challenge. I discovered that Cole Haan and Stuart Weitzman work well for me. I like Nordstrom wide/comfort section. Unfortunately, none of the high end fit well, so I don’t spend money on them. I have several pairs of Chanels, CL, Manolos from past life lol.
Thank you for your advise. My mother used to wear Stuart Weitzman, they should be worth a try.

Reactions: VernisCerise
I also have wide feet with hereditary bunions, and young kids to run after, so most days I wear sneakers. I find that flat or low ankle boots are the best shoes for being comfortable while still looking polished, even in the evening.

They are overdone but I still wear both the Gucci and Sam Edelman loafers as the leather is soft and accommodating. I also like flats with an ankle strap so I can go up half a size.

Loafers are a good Idea. They could be the first step from the sneakers.

thank you! I tried to go to shoe shops. My problem is that I am too ashamed to try shoes on. I will try to order online.
You have nothing to be ashamed of! Supermodels have Huge feet (because they are so tall) but they still wear the best shoes and so can you! Shoe Department Associates are specially trained so they understand that everyone has different feet. Just tell one of them what you are looking for.
I used to be ashamed to try on bras because I was so flat chested but then I went to VS and the salesgirls were so understanding. Now I love trying on bras! Good luck with your shoes!!

Reactions: poulinska
You have nothing to be ashamed of! Supermodels have Huge feet (because they are so tall) but they still wear the best shoes and so can you! Shoe Department Associates are specially trained so they understand that everyone has different feet. Just tell one of them what you are looking for.
I used to be ashamed to try on bras because I was so flat chested but then I went to VS and the salesgirls were so understanding. Now I love trying on bras! Good luck with your shoes!!

That's very kind of you. I feel like the SA are kind of annoyed, because it does take some time to find the right pair. But I will try again.