Gemstone Collection

What a fun thread! There is so much focus on tPF on diamonds…it’s nice to find fellow gemstone lovers! I love all the colors and fun of various stones…I’ll just post a few of my favorites. Blue sapphire wedding set and alexandrite solitaire, and prehnite and mother-of-pearl rings.

Plus, thinking of adding this London blue topaz tennis bracelet (bottom pic) to my collection. I’d been thinking of a DBTY bracelet but also love tennis bracelets as the design goes all the way around. But find diamond tennis styles a bit to blingy for my everyday look (I’m VERY casual) so thought a gemstone tennis bracelet might be better, kwim!?!

View attachment 5209690View attachment 5209691

Ah so many amzing gemstones!

Never saw an Alexandrite that big, by any chance could you pleaaaaaaase post a picture of it after colorchange? I only own a small one, and it's a loose stone (couldn't afford more hahaa), and it's so hard to see the colorchange ;)

That said, here 's my small collection of gemstones (loose), will post pictures of my jewelry within the next days, as a few things are at the jeweler (cleaning, yearly check-up).

At the moment I am trying to choose between 2 items I want to buy- a ring and a pair of earrings. Will attach a picture of them, too. PLease tell me what you think of them. Prices are in Euro.
Ring: the ring in the back for 1,109 Euro or the earrings for 680 Euros. Necklace is gorg, but I don't wear any. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• gemstones.jpg
    gemstones.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: wee drop o bush
I don't find much on spinel.
How's the longevity of it? I'm looking for a few gems to do some bespoke rings. Spinel, sapphire, tanzanite. These are what interest me.
I'm introduced a grey spinel - is it worth getting it?
on the plusside for SPinel: they are most of the times untreated which will make it more easy to sell them, if necessary

Prices vary, the clearer, the more expensive. You can see how expensice Spinels can get when looking at that:

Whenever I am not sure about prices, I tend to go to that page:

Reactions: Purrsey

Never saw an Alexandrite that big, by any chance could you pleaaaaaaase post a picture of it after colorchange? I only own a small one, and it's a loose stone (couldn't afford more hahaa), and it's so hard to see the colorchange ;)

That said, here 's my small collection of gemstones (loose), will post pictures of my jewelry within the next days, as a few things are at the jeweler (cleaning, yearly check-up).

At the moment I am trying to choose between 2 items I want to buy- a ring and a pair of earrings. Will attach a picture of them, too. PLease tell me what you think of them. Prices are in Euro.
Ring: the ring in the back for 1,109 Euro or the earrings for 680 Euros. Necklace is gorg, but I don't wear any. Your thoughts?
Beautiful collection of gems! Love the jewelry, too. What brand is it?

Beautiful collection of gems! Love the jewelry, too. What brand is it?
thank you dear, it's growing... slowly but steadily. Actually I am trying to find a haüyne stone over 5 mm which is... it's a haunt. till now no luck. Last gem I haunted over years was the Alexandrite.

There is no brand, it's a local jeweler who makes the pieces by himself.

What an amazing collection of loose stones you have! Lots of great jewelry possibilities….what fun!

My alexandrite is actually lab-created and thus wasn’t expensive at all. But it is one of my June birthstones and I love it. See how pink it looks under incandescent light and then dark teal in natural sun.

BC141883-84B5-4400-9721-EAFD77787BB3.jpeg4ED91BD4-57D5-4042-B6EA-4CD091DF9CEF.jpeg

I wanted to try a gem from a cutter direct for the first time so I asked him to do one parti sapphire in a cut that he does predominantly. It's a cute little one in yellow+green. Flown in from down under. Now I've to think what setting I should do on a ring.
View attachment 5240223View attachment 5240224
Lovely. I keep seeing designs for your ring in my mind.

Reactions: Purrsey