Gemstone Collection

Hey Guys ! My hubby got these made for my 34th birthday. Feeling like a princess :smile: what a lovely gift.
We went to a local jeweller and i asked to see what gemstones they had. I saw a lot of really cool stones and we started just playing with combinations. Then we ended up putting these aquamarines and pink spinel's next to each other and all of us went "omg". haha. I didn't want to spend that much and i went back a few times because I didn't want to ask my husband to spend more than his original budget. He said he didn't mind at all, and that ill probably end up getting them so just do it anyways.
Feeling very lucky.
I also love what the represent to me. I'm currently pregnant with a boy (24 weeks), and afterwards i thought - the pink is me, and the blue is him. (I know its a very traditional way of thinking about gender - so sorry if this upsets anyone. i thought it was nice representation that the two of us are together and even though they are a birthday present, i feel very connected to the representation of togetherness as well.)
Anyways here they are ! 18ct white gold, 2x spinel's 4.32ct, 2x aquamarines 5.39ct. :smile:
Earrings are gorgeous and I too love the story behind them. Enjoy!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: JessicaRabbit1
Hey Guys ! My hubby got these made for my 34th birthday. Feeling like a princess :smile: what a lovely gift.
We went to a local jeweller and i asked to see what gemstones they had. I saw a lot of really cool stones and we started just playing with combinations. Then we ended up putting these aquamarines and pink spinel's next to each other and all of us went "omg". haha. I didn't want to spend that much and i went back a few times because I didn't want to ask my husband to spend more than his original budget. He said he didn't mind at all, and that ill probably end up getting them so just do it anyways.
Feeling very lucky.
I also love what the represent to me. I'm currently pregnant with a boy (24 weeks), and afterwards i thought - the pink is me, and the blue is him. (I know its a very traditional way of thinking about gender - so sorry if this upsets anyone. i thought it was nice representation that the two of us are together and even though they are a birthday present, i feel very connected to the representation of togetherness as well.)
Anyways here they are ! 18ct white gold, 2x spinel's 4.32ct, 2x aquamarines 5.39ct. :smile:
They’re amazing! Congratulations.

• Love
Reactions: JessicaRabbit1
I don't find much on spinel.
How's the longevity of it? I'm looking for a few gems to do some bespoke rings. Spinel, sapphire, tanzanite. These are what interest me.
I'm introduced a grey spinel - is it worth getting it?

I don't find much on spinel.
How's the longevity of it? I'm looking for a few gems to do some bespoke rings. Spinel, sapphire, tanzanite. These are what interest me.
I'm introduced a grey spinel - is it worth getting it?

I’ve seen some grey spinel rings that are absolutely gorgeous! Spinel is 7.5-8 on the Mohs scale, so fairly hard…durable enough for daily wear. Check out AuroraDesigner.com - they sell rings and loose stones in all the gems you’re interested in.

I’ve seen some grey spinel rings that are absolutely gorgeous! Spinel is 7.5-8 on the Mohs scale, so fairly hard…durable enough for daily wear. Check out AuroraDesigner.com - they sell rings and loose stones in all the gems you’re interested in.

Thanks for the link!

Have you tried them? I see some low cost spinel i am confused lol.

I haven’t worn this necklace since my wedding shower in 2008! It’s ruby, diamonds and 18k rose gold. I never wear it because I think it does not go with my very simple style, but my eldest daughter’s first communion is this November and I’m wearing a floaty flowery dress that might look good with it (it’s spring in me hemisphere). The necklace is big, though, something you notice immediately, and I’m very low key. I think I’ll decide when I’m fully dressed and ready to go.

Red gemstones are my favorite.

I’m also attaching pics of other jewelry I might wear with this necklace: the earrings are diamond, ruby and sapphire, the ring is garnet and diamonds in rose gold, and the bangle is yellow gold and garnets.

Attachments

• CDCC47D2-63F1-4B15-946F-19BBD316D6F7.jpeg
    CDCC47D2-63F1-4B15-946F-19BBD316D6F7.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 45
  • D3FA3FB0-2872-4AC4-B73E-D70781ECC9C5.jpeg
    D3FA3FB0-2872-4AC4-B73E-D70781ECC9C5.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 51
  • A3E711BF-F90C-4445-8400-1D1146D7509E.jpeg
    A3E711BF-F90C-4445-8400-1D1146D7509E.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1E4AFBA0-DD87-4AD8-83FC-2EC4D999B449.jpeg
    1E4AFBA0-DD87-4AD8-83FC-2EC4D999B449.jpeg