Gelish, soak off gel polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wahooo :yahoo::yahoo:Mine arrived late yesterday afternoon! So exciting :smile: I can't wait to try it out. I think I will do my toes BUT need to get some gloves to put on my hands to ensure I don't ruin my shellac mani I got done last Friday!

So, I did my nails with Gelish today. I decided to remove the Shellac so I could try it. I have no patience. Anyways, I think they came out pretty good. I am usually a terrible polisher so I used a light color. The only question I have is what exactly is capping the nail? I have Youtubed it but couldn't seem to find a demo. Is it basically taking the brush with polish on it and rubbing it along the tip of your nail from R to L so that polish is on the entire edge of the nail? Or is it just bringing the brush all the way down on the stroke to make sure the polish hits the tip?

Thanks for the help :smile:

XOXO

So, I did my nails with Gelish today. I decided to remove the Shellac so I could try it. I have no patience. Anyways, I think they came out pretty good. I am usually a terrible polisher so I used a light color. The only question I have is what exactly is capping the nail? I have Youtubed it but couldn't seem to find a demo. Is it basically taking the brush with polish on it and rubbing it along the tip of your nail from R to L so that polish is on the entire edge of the nail? Or is it just bringing the brush all the way down on the stroke to make sure the polish hits the tip?

XOXO

It is putting polish on the free edge.

XOXO

This shows it in pictures/blog form:
http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2010/06/manicure-trick-wrap-tips.html

And this in video:
http://www.youtube.com/fingernailfixer#p/u/5/4_E1hF5uWjI

So my first attempt at uploading photos...

My most recent manicure, 3 days in, using the Gelish Bashful color with a "cabbage rose" water decal on one finger. It's hard to tell, but its a VERY, VERY sheer shimmery pink/blue color. I tend to like these types of color for daily wear given my job, although I do wish it had a bit more depth to the pink color. I could actually see this being a good Gelish French Manicure color for women who dont necessarily care for a creme pink base tone.

Attachments

• IMG_3836.JPG
    IMG_3836.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,576
  • IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,643
Twinkle,

I ordered from Nailtechsupply and paid with my Paypal account. However, I read on their site that for first orders they will ask for a license. I don't have a license. Did they ask you for one? I wonder if this is new or if they don't really ask. Has anyone else recently ordered from them without a license?

I have decided to try Gelish since we are backordered on Shellac. This way I can at least start working with the process and will have the two so I can see which one I like the best. I can see where I would probably change off anyway because of the different colors.

Msamanda,

Thank you so much for the color wheels for Gelish. It made ordering from them so much easier. Very grateful.

Very pretty Runnergal. Looks like a natural french.

Today was day 14 for my gelish mani and after a week at the shore. Looks amazing!

gelishday14.jpg

Growth doesn't even look as bad as I thought. I will probably go another week...No chipping or any wear!:yahoo:

Very pretty Runnergal. Looks like a natural french.

Today was day 14 for my gelish mani and after a week at the shore. Looks amazing!

gelishday14.jpg

Growth doesn't even look as bad as I thought. I will probably go another week...No chipping or any wear!:yahoo:

I love the color you used. It looks like nice blue red. Which one did you use?

Thanks Reete. It's called Night Reflection and I put Tumberline Violet over it (sparkles). The Night Reflection in most lights reads a dark eggplant or plum. It looks like a dark metallic purple in the bottle. You can see the original pics on page 6 where it looks much more purple only in the flash of the camera.

Reete- When I ordered from them they did not ask for my license. I think it is just there so they can ask if they want but I wasn't asked and I am not a Nail Tech...HTH

Runnergal- Love the polish and the flower is soo puurddy!!

msamanda- Thank you so much that was soo very helpful!!!

nails002-1.jpg

Did my nails in the red today. I love the color but I am not sure about red on me. I have never worn red polish before...ever. Today is a first. Hope the pic doesn't show up too big. XOXO

nails002-1.jpg

Did my nails in the red today. I love the color but I am not sure about red on me. I have never worn red polish before...ever. Today is a first. Hope the pic doesn't show up too big. XOXO

The red looks great on you and you did a great job polishing. You need to get used to red if you don't wear it. I don't wear it either. I bet you'll love that it doesn't chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.