Gelish + Michelle Phan

Eva S.

Feb 25, 2011
Hey Guys,

Did you see the Gelish + Michelle Phan videos that went up today on her YouTube?

She did a short film sponsored by Gelish along with a step by step.

Gelish is running a promotion on GetGelished.com where they have their new MINI Pro LED light which is only $59.95! Woo! I just thought I'd share these with you guys.

They also have the $99.95 kits if you guys don't mind using the small battery operated LED light. It does have everything to get you started.

Here are the videos:

Gelish Step by Step
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCWvCpuHYo8

Gelish Sponsored Michelle Phan Film - "Underneath Your Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDtcso0Jq40

Love the color she's using in the film. I think it's "Pink Smoothie"

If you're interested in getting the color, it's definitely not Pink Smoothie. You can see from the tag and ribbon on the bottle that it's one of the limited edition breast cancer awareness colors. My guess is that it's Make A Difference - that's the brightest of the three.

If you're interested in getting the color, it's definitely not Pink Smoothie. You can see from the tag and ribbon on the bottle that it's one of the limited edition breast cancer awareness colors. My guess is that it's Make A Difference - that's the brightest of the three.

In the film, I think it's Pink Smoothie, but in the tutorial video it appears that she's using two different polishes, one of which is a BCA Limited Edition; I think the other is Izzy Wizzy.

This video exemplifies a few of the things that make me crazy about HNH. They are so incredibly inconsistent.
1) The video says that you cure the base coat in LED for 10 seconds, but everywhere else they say that the 18g (the one in the video) cures base coat in 5 secs; there's not even a 10sec button on the 18g!
2) The video shows dry brushing, the instructions say wipe with a pad.
3) The instruction say cure thumbs separately but they show a five-finger light (the 18g)
4) Then they show a color on the tutorial video that they're not offering (one of the BCA edition) for sale on the website or at Sally's (so available only to pros ostensibly).

Another thing that makes me crazy - on the website they say the 18g is 32 watts, 18-2 watt LED bulbs. Doesn't that come to 36 watts! It used to be that the foundation bottles said cure for a minute while the website said cure for 30 seconds.

Don't they have a proofreader/quality control/continuity person??

I wish I wasn't the type of person that gets bothered by stuff like this...

Yes, that is Make A Diffierence in the how-to, one of the Limited Edition Breast cancer colors. And yeah, that's Izzy Wizzy she's putting over top the pink.

Yes, in the film, it's Pink Smoothie. In the Step by Step, it's "Take Action" a limited color.

No, take action is the medium pink color, which is not nearly as bright as the Make A Difference in the video.

This video exemplifies a few of the things that make me crazy about HNH. They are so incredibly inconsistent.

Don't they have a proofreader/quality control/continuity person??

I wish I wasn't the type of person that gets bothered by stuff like this...

Oh I'm right there w/ you Nancy! It's SO frustrating that cure times vary all over the HNH Harmony website, as well as in instructions in some starter kits.
UV-cure times for the Foundation are given as 30sec in half the places & 1 minute in the other places. Similarly TIO UV-cure times are given as 2 in some places & 3 min in others. I love the product, but it's hard for the company to credibly caution users not to under/over cure when their instructions are so inconsistent, particularly so long after the launch. :confused1:

Zoomie said:
Oh I'm right there w/ you Nancy! It's SO frustrating that cure times vary all over the HNH Harmony website, as well as in instructions in some starter kits.
UV-cure times for the Foundation are given as 30sec in half the places & 1 minute in the other places. Similarly TIO UV-cure times are given as 2 in some places & 3 min in others. I love the product, but it's hard for the company to credibly caution users not to under/over cure when their instructions are so inconsistent, particularly so long after the launch. :confused1:

I understand with several different lamps there being different cure times, though it would be nice if they'd try to give you the ones for the lamp they are showing, such as for the 18g here. What gets me most is the cure times for the colors. ALL my colors say a UV cure is 1minute (2 for dark colors). The website says 2-3 mins instead.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Has anyone tried the Mini Pro LED Light that they're selling at getgelished.com linked from Michelle's tutorial?

I have it. It's the one they sell at Sally's and has been on sale and is cheaper ($53.95) if you have a Sally's card. It's not bad. Cures in 45 seconds. Some people say they can get all five fingers in; I can't. And it's tight for pedis. The timer is preset only for 45 seconds. For the money, it's pretty good.