Gathered Sophia

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Mine has held up well. Some people have had them loosen. There is thread somewhere in which someone ironed the gathers back in. I think they might loosen if you overstuff the bag.

theFlip#2

new with tags
O.G.
Jun 21, 2007
Earth
I have 2 gathered leather shoulder bags and both are carried regularly without any issues. I don't overstuff them but they do rub against my body when worn.

crystal-d

O.G.
Oct 12, 2009
I've had my purple gathered Sophia for years and still looks like new however I do not carry that much stuff in my bags and I rotate my bags

Now I've seen some really rough looking gathered Sophia's on eBay.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I have several gathered Sophias and they have all held up, except one. The Raspberry one. I had this bag once and gathers loosened. Then this bag got stolen from me. I replaced it with brand new one and I can see it starting to loosen again. Therefore I am convinced it is problem with the raspberry :smile:

Ebontien

Aug 19, 2011
My gathered graphite leather Lindsey had the look of almost loosening. I go to school in a humid climate. Brought her back to my hometown (which has a very dry climate) and she's held up fine since. I can see why CS warns against using leather moisturizers since that's essentially what the climate was doing to the leather.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I saw a woman today carrying a black gathered 1st generation Sophia, the same one I own. The gathers weren't coming undone but the bag looked terrible. It was droopy. It isn't humid here so that isn't why. I think it probably could get this way just from a lot of use.